Introductions Thread

Hi Josh, Where are you from? The "Hello Dears" threw me for a loop lol. SEO & Affiliate program can def compound incomes. Good luck!

I was quite famous in another forum just because of my Hello Dears. Please note I don't speak that way at all, but its very funny loool

Welcome, @Reminisce. What kind of books do you enjoy? I used to do fiction but around college time ages ago I got into the whole "head trip" stuff of psychology, mythology, spirituality, religions, philosophy, etc. That's still my go to but I insert business books in between.

What kind of projects do you work on these days? Do you have a preferred monetization method?

Welcome, @Tiberium. Are you currently working on any projects? How long have you been in the internet marketing game?

Hey, thank you
I enjoy Fiction - Action Adventure & Fantasy
However, I do enjoy reading ancient history books with Greek mythology and ancient Egypt being my fav.

Majority of my projects currently are blogs & informative-based, my preferred monetization method has always been PPC, however, I am trying to get more into affiliate marketing thru Amazon.

Welcome, @Tiberium. Are you currently working on any projects? How long have you been in the internet marketing game?

Thanks Ryuzaki, I've been in the game around 5-7 years now. On and off admittedly. I made some decent income from reddit. And use to make a fortune from Bet365 affiliating.

But over the last few years I've switched to SEO as it's something I enjoy.

I have a few websites built, my latest one making around £70 PM from AdSense / amazon affiliates. Although I'm still learning the ins and outs of SEO.

I've seen your posts, really good stuff, quality information. I'm already enjoying this forum and I've only been here a day!

Definitely a well moderated forum.

Can I ask, I saw the the digital crash course is from 2015, are there any plans to update it? as it's really really good quality.

Hello,
I am a content writer looking to make $$$$ online possibly by
getting into affiliate marketing. I am open to learning and growing
an online business. I m sure that I will learn a lot from here!

I saw the the digital crash course is from 2015, are there any plans to update it? as it's really really good quality.
Is there something that you believe is missing? Or do you want us to simply change the dates to 2021?

Is there something that you believe is missing? Or do you want us to simply change the dates to 2021?

Not at all, It's just I know AI is becoming big within the algorithm, such as BERT in 2018, and moving T-SNE, Now google have announced MUM which is 1000x better (In googles own words) than BERT. I'll admit I haven't managed to read through them all yet, but I did assume that 2015 had some outdated aspects? I definitely could be wrong though.

Not at all, It's just I know AI is becoming big within the algorithm, such as BERT in 2018, and moving T-SNE, Now google have announced MUM which is 1000x better (In googles own words) than BERT.

Google is a small fraction of online marketing, if you are serious about making real money.

What is up?

This is Dwain from DOPE Writers, Inc. I'm a content strategist and co-founder of an SEO content agency.

I can help with content strategies and content related queries. Plus, as an affiliate SEO, I can also join in SEO talks.

Hi everyone, this is Nel from Singapore.
I've been trying to start a side hustle for many years now. Started multiple projects but have never seen any of them to fruition.
I hope this time is different.
Currently following Authority Hacker's method and intend to start a new site soon.
I'm totally new to BUSO and look forward to learning and connecting with others in this playground.
Hi Nel,
Welcome to the forum.
I am currently reading Brian Tracy's book 'Goals' and it has helped me realize
the importance of having goals and focusing on them. I would encourage you to set
goals of what you want to accomplish and stay focused on them to increase
your chances of succeeding. You seem to be creative and have lots of ideas, just
remember to stick with them to the end.

What is up?

This is Dwain from DOPE Writers, Inc. I'm a content strategist and co-founder of an SEO content agency.

I can help with content strategies and content related queries. Plus, as an affiliate SEO, I can also join in SEO talks.
Welcome Dwain!

I checked out your website and the paper texture behind the hero is 2 MB, which is huge. You'd benefit from faster page loads by scaling it down smaller and optimizing it.

Welcome Dwain!

I checked out your website and the paper texture behind the hero is 2 MB, which is huge. You'd benefit from faster page loads by scaling it down smaller and optimizing it.
Thanks, man. Um working on it. :smile:

Hi Nel,
Welcome to the forum.
I am currently reading Brian Tracy's book 'Goals' and it has helped me realize
the importance of having goals and focusing on them. I would encourage you to set
goals of what you want to accomplish and stay focused on them to increase
your chances of succeeding. You seem to be creative and have lots of ideas, just
remember to stick with them to the end.
Hi greatwriter,
Thanks for the intro!
Yes, I agree it's good to have goals.
I do have some long-term goals that I'm working towards.
Short-term goals, however, are more fluid and tend to change from time to time.

What up BUSO my name is Mike aka Loot

I never post here but I read it often,

Now that im divorced I have more free time than ever hooray :smile:

I've been here in the shadows since 2015, & making money on the interwebs since AOL days.

Follow me on Twitter @l00t where I troll hoes, post right wing propaganda, and quasi-intelligent ramblings on how to make money online.

Hi Everyone
My partner sent me this link yesterday and asked me to check since he going to be busy for the next couple of days with the workload I sent him but hey I did him a solid over the holiday and worked for both of us and now he must pay! This forum looks like a very cool chillaxed version of the few big ones we all love and hate at the same time from what I see the short time I'm checking it out. I run a few blogs on my own and my partner and I run CPA and the rest of that fun stuff that comes with it, I'm always looking to branch out in the business and lend a helping hand if when I can.

hello Everyone,

Hope everything is going well during this pandemic time, My Name is Amandeep from India. I have 8 years of experience in SEO, Social media and i joined this group to sharp my skills.

Already read few SEO posts and really impressed.

Thanks for letting me in within this forum.. Hope to learn more skills.

Welcome, @Cooljim198. Glad to have you around. Are you guys running PPC traffic to gather the CPA leads or is it organic or both? Or maybe social.

Welcome, @Loot. Glad you came out of the shadows for the time being. What kind of stuff are you working on these days? Do you have a "biggest win" and "biggest failure" story for us? I'm sure a lot has happened since the AOL days.

welcome to the board L00t!

Would love to hear more about what you do. Being that you've been on-line since the AOL days, i can imagine you've been through every era much like myself.

Back when e-Bay was accepting mail order payments lol

----

Welcome to the board.

BUSO is definitely more laid back but Quality Over Quantity is what rings true here

You're doing CPA offers and blogging. Pretty normal stuff. Look forward to your posts.

Welcome, @Cooljim198. Glad to have you around. Are you guys running PPC traffic to gather the CPA leads or is it organic or both? Or maybe social.
All the above bro, a big chunk is PPC but I also have a following for lockers and giveaways so I'm fortunate with that and my niche for the blog's is finance are doing so so right now I took a hit this year from the Pinterest and Reddit updates but I'm plowing ahead picking up steam again but Pinterest was a bomb man I miss that and so easy lol. So that's the short story of my biz bro.

Welcome to the board.

BUSO is definitely more laid back but Quality Over Quantity is what rings true here

You're doing CPA offers and blogging. Pretty normal stuff. Look forward to your posts.
I'm looking forward as well Bro and thank you

Hi
i'm kim from Playbossmedia digital marketing agency in Thailand. my past experience was affiliated seo, link building , socialmedia marketing

i'm looking forward to learn news thing from here

Nice! Which City are you located in/near? There are some hubs of online marketers all over Thailand. Chiang Mai is probably the largest though.

Welcome to the board. Hope to see you participating with us. What has been some of your biggest achievements, if you can share? Have you worked for any viral media projects?

Firstly I want to thank everyone here at BUSO for the endless knowledge and resources to build.... especially CCcarter and Ryuzaki.

My past:
Before I tried my hand at IM, I worked a 9-5 customer service position in finance but always thought I had it in me to build an online business. I dropped out of college because it was too boring and I figured I'd make more money moving up the corporate ladder or I'd try something online. Ultimately, my online ventures were short lived half-ass projects crashed to the ground and I never got use to working for others. As of this year I was prescribed Adderall and I've never felt more capable in my life...which I know can be a slippery slope that I'm trying to mitigate cost vs benefit (it's been 6 months and I take the same dosage as when I started as well as take a week break every month or so).

Currently:
Just a few months ago one of my friend's who's been trying his hand in internet marketing for over 10 years decided to hire me full time with intentions of being my mentor and eventually building something together once I'm not a total n00b. So far we've worked well together, don't distract each other often, and overall have a great few months. I feel forever indebted to have an opportunity to live life on my terms (turns out I enjoy working 12-14 hour days six days a week if I'm fulfilled) and I intend to work long ass days for 20+ years to come because I know I just have to keep showing up to bat if I want to hit a home-run. In my new role I'm largely in charge of SEO, outreach, coordinating project strategies, split tests, as well as work with writers/editors to ensure content is optimized and the angles align with our core principals/ vision.

Difficulties:
While I'm beyond fortunate this role has proven to be more stressful/anxiety inducing than I anticipated so I'm attempting to discover what's sustainable for myself. I know I didn't earn the position I'm in and my back is against the wall but if I want to remain happy/fulfilled then I need time to re-coup (which is currently all day Sundays). I honestly feel like an imposter or a wantrepreneur... but I know I'll prove my worth given some time. I can't let myself or my friend down...

I'd love to hear if any other new-builders has similar mental battles or what they've found to be sustainable?

Back