What platform/s would you use to get traffic ASAP?

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hello Builders!

I'm hoping to get some ropes from you today :smile:

Overview

I'm building a website for a VERY fast flip. On 17th of July design works will be done. No matter what, that's the deadline.

The website will go on auction around 15th of August. I will go for 7 days long auction.

In the meantime I will be adding content and doing traffic leaks. Also, besides regular onPage SEO I will do some PR (probably a lot), guest posts, commenting here and there and some old good backlinking (not directly to the site, but via other quality pages).

In such a short time I would like to get as much targeted traffic as possible. The site works in electronics niche targeting one of the hottest products there is out there right now. So here comes my question.

Would you care to share your experience, and tell me what platforms are best for driving that kind of traffic? (preferably targeted one).

I know Reddit can be a killer when it comes to traffic, but if you had to limit yourself just to two platforms (besides obvious like Twitter and Facebook, those I'm going to do regardless) what would you use to get as much traffic as possible in this short period of time? What platform would you use?

The site is in elektronics niche, this product can be used by hobbyists, military, police, health care, entertainment industries etc. Actually it has soo much applications that it's even hard to think about business that wudn't want to use it.

The accounts on platforms are new, and will be passed to the new owner so It's a fresh start so to speak. Of course, I will buy some shares and likes etc. for a kickstart, but I would like to prepare a solid ground for a new owner/s also.

Why am I selling soo fast?

I want to test myself and see what can be done in such a short period of time. And also pay for few things while on holidays :smile: It sounds like a good challenge and that makes me even more excited. Sure, I should wait at least 6 months before flipping it (I have read Tavin's posts). But it is what it is.

Of course, it's not a home run :D and what I will get for it that's ok with me. The market will judge. However, I would like to squeeze as much as possible.

On a side note, I'm going away from clients job (for many reasons) and will hit flipping business hard till I got my own brand making enough $ to provide for me and familly.

Any thoughts?
Big boys, especially @CCarter , @Ryuzaki , @Tavin , @MetaData , @emp and others here, what are your thoughts?

Cheers

hobbyists, military, police, health care, entertainment industries

Sounds like a good list of forums, to me.

If you're going to flip this fast, I'd try something very controversial--you're going to want to get some people fired up real quick.

Where are you gonna sell it on? Flippa? I don't think FEInternational nor EmpireFlippers would give your site a second glance.

Interested in what other people have to reply about traffic source as well. IMO, OP's setting himself up for failure or just a really low multiplier.

If you're only worried about traffic #'s itself... I'd go to Reddit, and probably do some PPC with Facebook with a targeted demographic, and hope they start sharing as well. If you're looking for traffic that converts, I'd go to forums and blogs as @c4yrslf12 mentioned. If you manage to write a post that can get social traction and has proven itself on Reddit, I'd take it to FB and to Taboola / Outbrain and the like, and push it aggressively there, and also encourage the viewers to share it on the various social networks.

if the content is greate you may consider scoop it, it can help get the social thing going AND the traffic from social media.

Hmmm..

As far as pure traffic numbers go, reddit is unbeatable.
I'd avoid though, as - for example flippa - lists the bounce rate under "traffic health"
nlZM4c6.png

With reddit alone, bounce rates of over 90% can be had easily.

So, what to do?

Reddit
Yes, still use it but use niche subreddits. You'll still collect about 1K PVs per day easily.

Voat.co
Reddit clone gianing traction now

Tumblr
Good way to build text AND image links. mileage varies

imgur
I actually used this to some effect. Put a watermark (logo + url) or only URL on the pic. Use text to enter some description + URL.

Forums
As someone else already mentioned, take the time to find all the forums interested in your product. Drop some chats + some links. Not so good for pure traffic numbers, but nice conversions.

Twitter
This is actually AWESOME for traffic and conversions.

Google+, Youtube
Build these, as they are great for SEO value and add resale value as well (include the accounts)

IFTT
Automate everything you can.

::emp::

Last edited:
Thank you for help!!

@Ryuzaki , @emp , @c4yrslf12 , @lion1978 a lot of great ropes from you guys. IFTT I know, I will use it to make things go faster.

@built Haha! Maybe next time

@Philip J. Fry there is no failure in this. It's just a test drive and learning. I have sold websites on Flippa already, but never that quick. I know that odds are against me and I won't get my money back on this one (or maybe I will?). That's not the point however. The point is to get some experience and see how much I can sell it for in such a short time. Obviously, some people here would probably get a lot more from it than me. And yes, it will go on Flippa.

Once it's sold (hopefully) I will post everything here so others can eventually learn from things that were done right and not so right. Not sure if I gonna post actual URL but will see how it goes.

Cheers

Ok, here is a little update.

The website is going on sale in few days (at most in two weeks...).

I've started working on it seriously two weeks ago. Yep, I know... But time was allocated into other things that pay the bills. However, the progress right now is quite good I think. I have about 100 pages online already (Google is indexing very well), SM profiles are doing not soo bad as well (Twitter is the best...).

Traffic is just taking of so we will see in few days.

Right now I'm preparing magic concoction of viral ingredients to bring numbers up a bit. Let's see how it goes.

1361627002_Gargamel_In_Papa_Smurf's_Laboratory.jpg

Following....

Would be a great learning experience.

You have got 100 pages indexed? What type of content ?

Any special tricks for making most of twitter?

Thanks,

Website is online 7 months, it was just seating there covered in dust till July I think. On the beginning I've just installed theme and created basic pages like contact, about etc. No content on those pages. In July I have created about 50 pages using plugin quick post creator (those pages are targeting biggest US cities - for some juice from local SEO). Google nicely indexed those pages, and those are still indexed, despite the fact all of them are empty (well, not anymore). So right now I'm just filling those pages with content, mostly with addresses of local businesses (and anything that can help them rank better).

At this moment there is about 60 pages indexed and 130 awaiting to be indexed (I have created new batch of 50 pages targeting US states). There are indexed some pages that don't exists anymore becosue of the changes I have done to the site.

As for posts, there is only 15 posts right now indexed, but I'm mowing fast with them and Google is indexing anything I put there in matter of 1-2 days at the moment. Today I should add 6 new posts at least.

Content is curated, picked up by hand from other sites in the niche (good sites). It's rewritten and improved with original paragraphs and videos, image, tweets, links etc. Actually, my content looks a way better than original one.

Regarding Twitter, I don't have any special recipe for success here. I'm just very active there and like all profiles that are relevant to my website. I tweet, share, respond to messages, like other people social profiles etc.

I'm not going to buy any likes because I want to keep that profile 100% legit and clean (It's up to the next website owner to decide how he/she want to grow that profile). At this moment, after 3 days of being active on Twitter I have 80 followers and following 300+ others. Not much, but those are 100% relevant profiles and my stuff is getting shared and liked as well. I don't use any Twitter management service to "unlike" profiles which didn't like be back (maybe I would do this after few weeks from now, but this won't be my problem anymore as new owner will have to care of this...).

Also, I pin a lot of images and building Pinterest profile, everything I pin is twitted also (well, almost everything). I'm using SNAP to share my posts to social networks. The worst is FB profile, probably for FB I will buy some initial batch of likes (around 100+), but I have to see other options to make sure I don't get shit likes.

For two KWs my page is already in TOP20. And for many more in TOP100. I haven't done any link building besides links form my web2.0 sites (like 5 links or so).

Finally, when is auction starting?
Still 7 days long one?

Why not approaching some of top 100 competitors, kind of testing waters?
I mean:
* Introducing yourself
* Giving free advice (informed one) about competitor web
then, and only to responsive & favorable ones,
asking if they somehow evaluated giving their bussiness a boost
by buying an actual secondary domain...

Just my newbie 2 cents!

Back