What is your favorite web browser?

Vert

Overcoming adversity
Degree
Firefox? Chrome? Another? What is your favorite and why?

Given that many of us spend a lot of hours everyday working online, I think the choice of a browser and its extensions can have a big effect on our productivity.

Chrome - When you want quick and easy

Firefox - When you want greater control
  • Adblock Edge
  • Copy Urls Expert
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • NoScript
  • Random Agent Spoofer
  • URL Lister
  • Video DownloadHelper
  • BuiltWith
There are a lot of other good add-ons for Firefox, but those are some I get quite a bit of use out of. If you want a browser that's locked down a bit more, and a bit more anonymous, with those ad/script blocking add-ons, ssl add-ons, and Random Agent Spoofer, there's a lot you can anonymize, if you're trying to mask your browsing footprint for whatever reason.

Reactions: Nat
Safari then Chromium.

Safari - The Develop > Responsive Design Mode is killer. Super fast rendering.
Firefox - SEO and slick tools for sure.
Fake - From the makers of Fluid, awesome script and workflow tool.
PolyBrowser - I use this for Trello cards.
Vivaldi - Support for something new in the market place.
Chromium - for some of the chrome style plugins.
Chrome - If I have to use flash for some asinine reason, otherwise F Google.
And...
1aHOM+

Chrome.

Seems to be the fastest for me

But I use Firefox for other things non work related

FF but starting to use Safari more and more

Opera, have been using it for years. I just like the Speed Dial feature

Firefox. Chrome is a resource hog that should be burned. :evil: Only true when you have a lot of pinned tabs like me. Chrome loads ALL of them on start up while if you have pinned tabs on FF, they will not open until you click on them individually.

Chrome 98%. (Everyday)
Firefox 2%. (Advanced automation/tools/downloading/etc)

IE, Safari, Opera, etc for testing functionality only.

IE is just surprisingly awful but it makes sense when you look at how Windows 10 went down. FF destroyed their reputation with the manual forced updates. They've changed it now, but they lost a good market share over it. Weird how that happened right when Chrome was rolling out just waiting to jump in and take over..

If there was a Chrome-like browser with zero tracking I'd be on it. Problem is, I've heard the ones out there are all riddled with garbage in the background.

If there was a Chrome-like browser with zero tracking I'd be on it.

That's what Chromium is, the original open source browser that Chrome was built on top of.

That's what Chromium is, the original open source browser that Chrome was built on top of.

But if I remember correctly, in Windows you have to manually update by downloading the latest version. It is quite annoying.

Back