What is the point of this CC9 subforum?

Degree
Serious question. It's not like specific details are shared publicly, and at times it's difficult see the forest through the tree hype. ( just being honest. I can't tell if it's something I should be participating in or disregard altogether. The only reason I didn't apply in the beginning is because I was under the impression that at some point my site case study would be released, and I wasn't sure at that time if that was a good fit for related user overlap)

At the same time, I'm sure it's probably pretty hard for carter to keep a bunch of people on track too. I was watching the Saturn thread and a couple others that were getting some results, but poof they disappear too. Probably not the fault of any of the organizers... Fallout rate of the first go around of most of these type groups seems pretty high normally.

What is the end goal with this group, and what will the next iteration be if it were to be redone?

my end goal - get millions of views + $$$

also i find it quite sad how many people have disappeared, but ey Im going to keep updating my thread til I reach my goals regardless. Can't be worried about other people falling off. To me my thread holds me accountable to the goals I have set and I like that. Also I'm certain that I will reach my 50k goal and end goals, so it hopefully will motivate others too.

Last edited:
You might have missed some parts, we go over this whole process and concept in the following threads:

1. https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/i-need-9.272/
2. https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/the-9-intro-step-by-step-walk-the-thousand-mile-road.309/
3. https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/the-9-live-traffic-leak-case-study.360/

You should probably read every post in the threads if you are still confused on what's going on.

It was never stated the sites were going to be released to the public - just within the CC9. In the mist of the application process we discontinued even that idea.

It's like everything in life, 99% won't make it. But for the 1% willing to grind day in and day out - the BuiltToDominates types - they'll see result if they really want it. I can clearly state that everyone that was a part of the 1st gen learned something and gained some new skill they didn't have before. But like everything, when you are looking into the abyss - what you see reflected is what you really want.

It's hard to grind 10-18 hours a day on something if you really subconsciously do not want it bad enough - that's what a bootcamp does, it shows you a direct reflection of whether you really want this goal or not. I figure several 1st gen will come back down the road, they're just lost in the fog, but there are some that realized this IM life is just not for them, and moved on. And that's okay.

You should disregard it completely - there is no application process for the 2nd gen. BuiltToDominate was the first chosen along with the ones that are continuing from the 1st gen. It's strictly going to be invite only - and the one main requirement will be already participating within the forum with a thread or your own journal. One of the last problems I realized was we brought on people that were traditionally lurkers, so making a weekly update was foreign to them. We would have tons of updates in private chats, skype chats, and conversations but externally, nada, cause that's just not their personality.

Most times people go back into their old habits unless there is tremendous external pressure - when you are aiming at a goal you set for yourself, the will to want it cannot come from external pressure, it has to come from within, so even if I stood there with a whip in my hand, you might work, but what's going to happen when I'm no longer there with the whip? Are you going to work? If not, then it's because there is no desire to actually succeed with this goal from within.

And all the CC9 know, if they truly want back in they'll get in... The teacher will appear when the student is ready...

I'm sure it's probably pretty hard for carter to keep a bunch of people on track too.

I don't think it's his responsibility to govern another man's thoughts, energies, persistence, and work ethic. If they don't want it, nobody on this planet has the power to get them to do it. You can't do it for them. Of course, that's not to take away from the many who committed and are still pushing and the new guys who have joined.

I can summarize the CC9 for you though:
It's an organized set of case studies that have an expectation of frequent updates, completion of homework assignments, and progress. If the person continues to accomplish these things, they get rare access to guidance by CCarter and each other through PM's, Skype, and that other sub-sub-forum, the Dojo. If they don't, then they wasted a valuable (money and training wise) and they get booted and are doomed to continue failing.

With group accountability and leadership from a veteran, it should be an obvious advantage. The question becomes, do we have the drive and time to commit to it? I certainly didn't and realistically understood that. I wish I could have joined though, but I'd be one of the people with a locked thread right now.

my end goal - get millions of views + $$$

also i find it quite sad how many people have disappeared, but ey Im going to keep updating my thread til I reach my goals regardless. Can't be worried about other people falling off. To me my thread holds me accountable to the goals I have set and I like that. Also I'm certain that I will reach my 50k goal and end goals, so it hopefully will motivate others too.

Thanks for sharing updating your thread. It has been very helpful.

Back