What happens if I don't acknowledge the LGBQT in my app

Status
Not open for further replies.

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
So I'm building an Android app right now and one of my calculations is based on the sex of a person. Now what? I really don't want to add anything other than Male or Female because how would I calculate it?

Seems like every app has an "Other" option for gender

Ignore it. They're looking for a reaction, which creates a story. If there's no reaction, there's no story.

There's a buddhist parable about two boats floating on a lake. One bumps into another, and the guy in the one that got bumped immediately turns around and is getting ready to scream at the dummy who bumped into him, and sees the boat is empty. He decides not to scream at the empty boat in case he looked like a complete psycho to anyone watching.

My sites get a lot of traffic. Every couple of months someone tries to get the mouth-foaming mob to attack something on my sites. It's usually on Twitter. They "at" me and others they hope will amplify the signal as soon as I make the mistake of trying to defend myself. I never do, and it never goes anywhere, because my boat is empty.

We all know that there are only 2 biological sexes that exist- science has proven this. On the other hand, some people deny this fact and choose to identify as "others". Would not including an option for these people lead to alienation and less success? The amount of people who might be offended by not having this option is so miniscule that the inclusion of the option should come down to your personal preference.

Ignore it. They're looking for a reaction, which creates a story. If there's no reaction, there's no story.

There's a buddhist parable about two boats floating on a lake. One bumps into another, and the guy in the one that got bumped immediately turns around and is getting ready to scream at the dummy who bumped into him, and sees the boat is empty. He decides not to scream at the empty boat in case he looked like a complete psycho to anyone watching.

My sites get a lot of traffic. Every couple of months someone tries to get the mouth-foaming mob to attack something on my sites. It's usually on Twitter. They "at" me and others they hope will amplify the signal as soon as I make the mistake of trying to defend myself. I never do, and it never goes anywhere, because my boat is empty.
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll just ignore it

We all know that there are only 2 biological sexes that exist- science has proven this. On the other hand, some people deny this fact and choose to identify as "others". Would not including an option for these people lead to alienation and less success? The amount of people who might be offended by not having this option is so miniscule that the inclusion of the option should come down to your personal preference.
True, seems like everyone is looking to nit pick at something these days though

True, seems like everyone is looking to nit pick at something these days though
At the end of the day, if people do start going after you on social media as @Ryuzaki mentioned, your traffic leaking efforts will be made easier!

i would completely such edge cases especially at the start.

you can always fold that demographic into onboarding later if it makes sense based on the user data you have collected.

I hate to do this but maybe you should look up the difference between gender and sex.

I hate to do this but maybe you should look up the difference between gender and sex.
I'm not going to get into this lol- this isn't meant to be a thread to discuss biology. But I will say, if a man wears a dress, he's still a man- regardless of what he thinks or says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back