What do you think about link-assistant software

Degree
Hello guys,

I researched some outreach tools today. What do you think about link-assistant.com. I downloaded the free version and played around with it. From my first inspection I like it.

What do you think? Is it worth the money?

Appreciate your replies!
captainT

I bought the whole suite. It was actually on sale, so I got it for about half the price. It is a pretty good tool. Right now I use the website auditor and link assistant. Website auditor analyzes your pages and offers suggestions on how to fix them.
Link assistant scrapes the net and comes back with backlink opportunities based on the keywords you input. I have added a bunch of comment links this way.

I downloaded a nulled version of the whole suite a while ago to test it, as I do with almost all SEO tools, before I buy them.
Short answer (and obviously just my personal opinion): Not worth it.

Here's why

1. Rank Tracker: a rank tracking software that runs on your computer. You need (a lot of !!) proxies and patience. There are dozens of alternatives out there (even free rank trackers) that are cloud based and way more reliable.

2. Website Auditor: it's a just another tool that supposedly lets you analyze websites "in just 1 click", which if you have a little experience and ever really analyzed a website's on-page just isn't possible. It shows you the most obvious errors and problems with your site and that's it. There are cheaper (and in my opinion better) tools out there for this purpose (i.e. Screaming Frog) that may not look as fancy as Website Auditor does, but they're just as good (if not better) and way cheaper.

3. SEO SpyGlass: I'm not even getting started on this. This tool is completely worthless. ahrefs, majestic and probably even moz are way better for this.

4. Link Assistant: Complete trainwreck. It's supposed to help you manage and build links. It's not nearly as good as a simple excel sheet and the built-in email outreach and prospecting is just a crappy version of any of the good prospecting tools (QuickMail, Pitchbox, etc.)

5. Matthew Woodward promotes it: This one's just half serious, but it's always a red flag if this guy is promoting the product I'm interested in. I mean for god's sake he's still promoting GSA SER, Kontent Machine and the likes as the ultimate SEO tools in 2016 and 2017.

Long Story short:
the SEO Power Suite (or any of the Link Assistant tools for that matter) are overpriced and don't do the job nearly as well as other tools.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Matthew Woodward promotes it: This one's just half serious, but it's always a red flag if this guy is promoting the product I'm interested in.

I have to agree on this point. Traffic Planet Hosting, which he actively promotes, is one of the worst hosts I've ever used. Their sys admins just didn't seem to want to be bothered with anything. And that rec is in context of him attacking a reputable managed Wordpress host (WPEngine). Same with Link Assistant, which he promotes in the context of his ridiculous rants against RavenTools (which is a really nice suite).

Back