What do you bring to the table?

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I'm not asking you this... I'm asking you to ask yourself...

"What do I bring to the table?"

If you're self-employed, take a minute and imagine you're filling out a resume.
  • What skills are you listing on it?
  • What's your experience?
  • What have you learned so far?
  • Do you have an education - can it be relevant to your IM endeavours?
  • What about you makes you can asset to a business?

Sometimes it's good to take inventory of... yourself.

Some typical resume mumbo jumbo...
  • Pays great attention to details.
  • Works well with others.
  • Self-starter, works with minimal instructions.
  • Strong problem solving skills.
  • Won a public speaking contest in grade 5.
  • 10 years in customer service.
  • Great phone skills.
  • Graduated with honors.
  • Took advanced placement math courses in highschool.
Now.. how can you leverage those skills, talents, and experience for your business? I'm not talking about being good at entering metrics into an expired domain search, or knowing how to spin content well, or pressing the right buttons on the current trendy SEO software... I'm talking about actual, meaningful talents that you've been developing your entire life, maybe without even realizing it. Not saying that other stuff isn't useful or lucrative, because it clearly can be. Or it can be a huge waste of time and money when you could be focusing on more important things. YMMV.

What if you're having trouble identifying your skills?
Then it's time to get to work, mon ami. There's never been an easier time to learn new skills, the cumulation of all modern human knowledge is literally at your fingertips. There are so many different things you need to get good at if you want to be a jack-of-all-trades internet marketer, so why not start by focusing on your strengths instead of focusing on somebody else's?
Some people that get into this are data wizards, some are silver-tongued wordsmiths, some are iron-fisted leaders... Take what you've already got, and use that as a starting point. All roads can lead towards success, you can carve out your own path.

This works for everything - business, friendships, dating. Gotta be blunt about what you're bringing which sometimes hurts, but illuminates the path to follow to get better results in all areas.

To clean up MetaData's random listing and give an example of how to organize your resume (CV):

Skills:
  • Great phone skills.
Experience:
Achievement :
  • Graduated with honors.
P.S: You can add interests if you like to add stuff to your post.

I just realized that a lot of the random stuff I'm chasing online has nothing to do with what I'm passionate about or experienced in. Why am I trying to make a website and be source of news in my niche when I have never wanted to be a journalist lol I've got some serious thinking to do...... Maybe time to try some other things online :surprised:

To clean up MetaData's random listing and give an example of how to organize your resume (CV):

Skills:
  • Great phone skills.
Experience:
Achievement :
  • Graduated with honors.
P.S: You can add interests if you like to add stuff to your post.

Great stuff mate, I also think it helps to write out your roles & responsibilities, some of the biggest challenges you faced (maybe how you solved them) and your biggest achievements - in context of different projects.

I did this on LinkedIn and started to get people messaging me about freelance opportunities, was cool, but it's pretty cool in relation to this thread as you'll get a more specific idea of where your strengths and weaknesses are.

Back