What do I do with 100K generic email subscribers?

Degree
Years ago, I launched an online app that was kind of like Bitly that let people share URLs with others. It became quickly viral and over the years, I have amassed a database of over 100,000 subscribers.

These users come from all walks of life - students, gamers, video pirates, marketers, etc. Also, given that it's been 10 years since I launched the app, it's very likely that a lot of these subscribers are stale. Anyways, ignore that fact.

How do I make use of these subscribers? Any thoughts? Some things I have thought about:

* Sharing new interesting URLs created using the app (if this finds engagement, I can add some ads to make money)
* A newsletter similar to TodayIFoundOut - something generic that appeals to anyone.
* Suck them dry by sharing random advertorials from anyone willing to pay

Keep sharing cool shit.

Why would you listen to some dumb ass telling you burning down your network effect is an option. I almost feel attacked by your last option lol.

Segment the list and create different sub-lists for each audience. Then, send them relevant content based on their niche.

it's very likely that a lot of these subscribers are stale. Anyways, ignore that fact.
This will become a factor when you see your open rates, unsubscribes and spam complaints. If you haven't been sending email, warm up your list by sending to your more recent subscribers, they'll be less likely to mark as spam. If you hit that whole list at once you might hurt your deliverability.

If you haven't been sending email, warm up your list by sending to your more recent subscribers, they'll be less likely to mark as spam. If you hit that whole list at once you might hurt your deliverability.
Yes I am considering that too - also from a cost perspective. Want to test the waters before I invest in a large email marketing platform.

Back