What did you get done today?

Degree
What did you get done today?
  • Work
  • Chores
  • Exercise
  • Ideas
Anything besides socializing for fun and playing around. What did you get done?

Did you make sure you had a non-zero day? Did you completely slay your to-do list?

I had a 4,000 word post sitting in drafts I paid for a while ago, where all I had done was proof read it and format the paragraphs and headers. Today I added all the pictures, monetization, and links, optimized it, got it published, and pushed it out across the social media profiles.

I also went to the grocery store, which is always a huge victory. I hate it but if I don't I end up ordering pizzas and eating Taco Bell and Chinese food too much.

I also bought a spin bike about a month ago and have been riding that thing for 45 minutes a day and doing the shoulder rehab work I've been crying about for like two years on here. Finally being proactive in this area.

I did more, but for the life of me can't remember what it was. Putting that post together took up most of the day though. That's the bad thing about huge posts. They can eat up so much time.

Did some Twitter comments under my sites "brand". Going to try to do this more regularly and hope to make some new connections.

Ran just under 10k in preparation for my first half-marathon this weekend.

Edited a few internal pages of a site that is getting great traffic (beating out WebMD for some powerful keywords), but has a horrible CR. Made it easier to read, worked on nicer and more attractive formatting, added pictures and new CTA. All things that should have been done initially but fell off my radar, a recent jump in traffic (and a general change in my attitude) has given me a renewed interest in this one.
DWxtXMoVoAAl0cg.jpg

Finished the social media setup and logo design for my main project. Still tons to do on this one but as far as I can tell that was the last of the MVP setup for this. Now I just need to get pumping on content and promotion.

Dusted off the rower again. Bought a nice Concept 2 a few months ago and right now I have a session cost rate of $200. Need to get that down. Down 30lbs though from Keto and just general LCHF eating.

My life is in a hopeful but precarious time after snapping out of a LONG funk, so I gotta keep this momentum up.

Work
I've been talking with another agency to try to partner up with them so they can give us web design work. I spent the entire day creating landing pages for their clients so that they can throw traffic through PPC and SEO at it to convert.

Long day of researching other landing pages, editing images, and putting it all together. Got all seven done though and emailed it all off.

Even if I somehow didn't get the partnership, I've at least made a good amount of money for the today's work.

Other
Went to physiotherapy to get my shoulder and hamstring checked. The shoulder is fine, just hyperextended from a kimura. He said he'll check my hamstring at my next appointment.

Didn't get to do anything else, which sucks. I don't like to go through an entire day without at least doing some form of exercise.

Started on a new content plan for my site going forward. The last time I planned any content was July 2016 so I thought it was about time it got updated.

Also built a snowman as the kids have been off school the last few days, and are off now until Monday. Roll on Summer!

So far I've done some things here on BuSo like starting the new goals thread for March and posting some helpful replies. I'm about to post here and then in the goals thread too.

I realized it was the first so I started doing my "first of the month" stuff, which includes gathering info for the finances of all my sites so I can crunch those numbers and watch the patterns. I popped into my registrar to renew what needed it. Backed up my custom affiliate link system. Crawled for broken links and fixed any. Crawled for broken youtube videos and fixed one. Now I'm about to gather disavow information for last month.

Then I'm going to do a ton of keyword research for a packet of articles I'm going to have written. I need to get all the details together and how I'll optimize them so when they get back it'll be a quick fire operation to get them live.

After that, I have a dinner and then will probably write the template and guidelines for those articles. I think this time I'll even choose which products to add myself so the writer doesn't pick. He did fine the last many times, but I want a little more control over it this time around.

Today, I powered through keyword research for 27 money posts. I'm going to test pumping them out in a template form, where I write all the intros, then I write the next section, which are all the same. This keyword research took most of the day. Turns out it's largely very hyper-focused and I'll cover most of the terms naturally as it is.

But, this allowed me to populate a new SERPWoo project, which will be a blast to see a controlled and contained set of terms growing in there, where I won't be adding more.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make the "main images" for each post, which include a featured image, a hero splash, and a image strip, for lack of better terms. I'll "conveyer belt" those too, where I hope to largely just be changing the background images and tweaking the words on the text.

The idea here is to power house some money maker posts out so they ripen in 6 months or however long and start earning. In that mean time I'll support them with info content and interlinks and maybe some links here and there.

But for now, it's time for a beer and a movie!

It was Friday but I still managed to get a little done. I wrote a "best" type of article for a really low competition term. It was about 800 words, with 4 pictures, affiliate links, and one external link and one internal link. It's not the best work I've ever done but from start to finish it got done and I pushed it out to the world. I'll take that over being a perfectionist and it taking twice as long.

Turns out it'll only be 25 money posts, mentioned above as 27. Today I drafted all the posts, added the H2 outline to each (I'll add H3's as I write those sections), tweaked the slugs for each post, and then the bulk of the time was meticulously writing titles to appease the bots but that were also far more click-worthy than what's currently ranking. When I rank, I'll climb fast and stay due to this CTR factor.

Tomorrow I'll be adding one more H2 to each post (shouldn't take but 10 minutes or less) and then I'll be trying to create all of the featured images and all of that I mentioned before. 3 images per post for a total of 75. If I can manage to get through them all that would be amazing.

Not much... i managed to close some sails this week that has taken the pressure off. So i've mostly been "Educating" myself - reading forum posts and feeling the pulse/cutting edge of the SEO game.

I've spent some time talking to customers and potential customers on Facebook and i've also been communicating with my writers.

Looking forward to a chill weekend :smile:

Back