What Are These Spammy Image Backlinks?

Degree
So I just checked my backlinks on Semrush and see that my site has thousands of spammy backlinks to my image files.

The weird thing about these is that neither the images nor anchor text (almost always not in English) are anywhere to be seen on these pages (or page source). A lot of these sites seem to be genuine, albeit low quality.

Is this anything I should worry about. Should I disavow them?

I forgot to mention that the pages that the links are from all follow the same format.

Example: example.com/dog-food that links to the uploaded image of dog food on my site. But the url example.com/dog-food makes no sense given the context of the site.

They're auto-generated spam. I don't understand what the purpose of the group that endlessly produces that crap is, but I assume it has something to do with crawling. They tend to nofollow it, thankfully, and the domains constantly go down (and more pop up, though). You can safely ignore it all. You won't ever keep up with disavowing it all anyways.

Do the urls follow a format similar to this - keyword-string-here-k.html ?
If so, I think these are generated by some sort of doorway page generator (I take it the '-k' in the url is to tell mod_rewrite or similar what keyword to generate/display for). I get loads of these pointing to my sites but I can't see them having any effect, negative or otherwise.

I was also told that they may also be used by several indexing services to promote crawling/indexing, but I've not really seen any evidence to back this up.

Back