What are some psychological hacks for marketing?

Degree
I'm looking to use my contacts at the companies registration office to sell web services to new companies & societies. (If you have an idea what else to sell them, please share)

What are some psychological hacks I could use? I was thinking of gifting them with envelops branded by my company name.
toon-3340.gif

Gifts and these types of coercion methods might get you some face-to-face or voice-to-voice interfacing, but what happens then? That's when the real closing occurs.

There's all the advice out there about "Always Be Closing" and "High Pressure" tactics. Scarcity, Time-Restrictions, etc. But that stuff isn't really relevant here either, especially when you're talking to business-builders / owners and people with high stakes weighing down on them.

Great advice would include being able to break down resistances during the pitch so there's really no reason not to say yes. Beyond that, knowing the TYPE of person you're talking to will help you dance the dance of conversation, tone, word choice, etc. to guide them to the correct answer.

Check out this book if this approach interests you:

515q7mzMOTL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Step one is being able to quickly identify the type of person you're talking to. The next step is knowing the weaponry each type keeps in their tool chest and the weaknesses of each. Navigating these waters is how you pass their test of whether or not your offer is worth a damn.

Well. That sounds like great advise. However, my real problems is getting them to call, or to visit. I think that over time, one could learn to sell.
Getting my business out there is my current concern.

So I think you could handle this similarly to how I handled launching a quick ORM biz back 4-5 years ago.

Basically, I did the same thing as you. Got a feed from the registration of new businesses. Then I would send out a piece of lump mail. An old direct marketing trick, throw a pair of dice (don't gamble on your business reputation) or a sucker (don't be a sucker) into the envelope and people open that shit almost impulsively. It'll be the first piece of mail they open. You could take it a step further and commoditize the process by using a logo generator and a throwing their logo on a template and showing them what the website might look like.

I used to find companies with bad reviews and print off the review sheet and mark that shit up with red marker and a lot of exclamation points. That campaign slayed it. Was like a 10% conversion rate from mail to client, with a couple of repeat touchpoints to re-engage after initial letter.

So I think you could handle this similarly to how I handled launching a quick ORM biz back 4-5 years ago.

Basically, I did the same thing as you. Got a feed from the registration of new businesses. Then I would send out a piece of lump mail. An old direct marketing trick, throw a pair of dice (don't gamble on your business reputation) or a sucker (don't be a sucker) into the envelope and people open that shit almost impulsively. It'll be the first piece of mail they open. You could take it a step further and commoditize the process by using a logo generator and a throwing their logo on a template and showing them what the website might look like.

I used to find companies with bad reviews and print off the review sheet and mark that shit up with red marker and a lot of exclamation points. That campaign slayed it. Was like a 10% conversion rate from mail to client, with a couple of repeat touchpoints to re-engage after initial letter.

Are you the same guy who posted this on bhw some years ago? I think it is a cool trick tho.

I'm going to be the first to recommend the two classic books... Cashvertising and Influence so many good psychological hacks in there!

Here are my 2 cents, what about learning real sales techniques instead of hacks? I don't say u can't use hacks here n then but in long term a real skill is better in my opinion.
There are many free resources, YouTube is a gold mine if u know where to look. Here is an example Tom Hopkins. This guy mastered his art in the Sales business. Always good to keep learning new skills that will benefit your bottom line.

Back