Weirdest Thing Happened Today

OshiBelfort

Drowning in Books
Degree
So a year ago, I and a friend were building a site in the travel/dating niche. We half assed the site design, it's simple and good, but isn't amazing. We did no social media branding or anything. We literally were traffic leaking before we knew what the fuck that was and did blog guest posts for traffic and to build links amongst some other things. Anyway, I had school, and he was in the military so we forgot about it and we had written about 60 posts ranging from 200 words to 3,000 words with pictures and videos. Anyway, we had been getting good traffic and we had forgotten about it. But since I am getting back into the grind and am working on building back up my portfolio of sites now that I have student loans to pay off starting in six months plus I have the time I decided to login and check it out and told him I will be working on it again.

I login and see we are averaging 15-25k unique visitors a month. And I drop my waffle house waffle on the ground. And apparently our monetization links had gone bad or else we would've been sitting on a nice cash surprise too. Site is ranking for a shit ton of random keywords. So, time to get to work!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

That waffle wasn't blue, perchance?

Pro-tip: Definitely google blue waffles.. And then join me in hell. Awesome stats by the way, and good luck!

I've tried my damndest to go back and find a ton of the old Geocities and Angelfire sites I built around 1998 and 1999 to no avail. I don't think they'd necessarily be ranking and making money but I wanted to repurpose them into super-aged web 2.0's to spam and rank for something crazy. Looks like both of those platforms deleted all the old WYSIWYG sites from waaaay back.

I've tried my damndest to go back and find a ton of the old Geocities and Angelfire sites I built around 1998 and 1999 to no avail. I don't think they'd necessarily be ranking and making money but I wanted to repurpose them into super-aged web 2.0's to spam and rank for something crazy. Looks like both of those platforms deleted all the old WYSIWYG sites from waaaay back.

Old Angelfire websites I made as a kid are still up

Back