WebFlow

Degree
Anybody in here tried the platform webflow.com
with all this WordPress craziness going around I was looking at other CMS options.
It basically helps you create HTML sites and lets you export all the coding after so no plugins (website builder) that will mess up your site if you uninstall it. Let me know what you think

Yep, still experimenting with it. So far, looks promising for what it is. It probably won't serve everyone's needs for every type of site, but for typical blogging, small biz, etc. it's probably more than sufficient. The great thing is the UX and workflow, from what I can see so far. I mean, this is what efficient and visually-oriented web design is supposed to be like! Stuff like various WP visual page building plugins attempt some of these features, but pretty much all fall short in one way or another. Where I think their platform fits particularly well is for the small, individual marketer/developer that needs something quick and efficient, without a lot of dependency, risk, or potential for management issues involved. Also, considering the code export option, it does offer some nice choices, should you so desire (like manually exporting and then hosting on an S3 bucket). Overall, this is by far the best and most production-ready approach I've come across so far, for small websites.

Back