Viglink Auto Affiliate Code

Degree
What's the point of having 32,000 merchants under one account when you still have to manually create new affiliate links?

The JS they provided doesn't seem to create affiliate links out of unaffiliated links to products in desktop mode, but seem to do so for mobile devices- which is weird and inconsistent. Not so sure if this is the correct behavior of Viglink but it seems ridiculous. If anybody had a similar experience please chime in.

I hate uncertainty and I want automation, so here's a snippet of code to make sure every link I want to be affiliated through Viglink will be. You still to be approved for programs for the links to properly work.

The code below just makes sure the links at least gets pushed to Viglink. And if you remove the code, it goes back to the original link. This means you can cross over to Skimlinks or add scrooge.js to micro-handle your affiliate links in the future without going back too your old posts i.e. getting locked down.

Code:
<a class="affiliate-link" href="link.com"></a>

$("a.affiliate-link").each(function() {
        var link = encodeURIComponent($(this).attr('href'));
        if (!(link.includes("redirect")) && !(link.includes("api")) && !(link.includes("amazon")) && !(link.includes("amzn")) && !(link.includes("ebay")) && !(link.includes("google")) && !(link.includes("goo.gl")) && !(link.includes("bitly"))) {
        var newlink = "http://redirect.viglink.com?key=YOURKEY&out=" + link;
        $(this).attr("href", newlink);
        }
    });

I would contact viglink. I use them and don't have this problem.

I would contact viglink. I use them and don't have this problem.

Will reach out to them. Thanks.

In any case I might just remove the whole viglink code and use just this to reduce the number of requests being made. I'm not too convinced by the viglink insert to be honest.

Heads up, this is what the code is based on: Viglink Anywhere

Back