Using old content from a deleted site

Degree
Hey guys, I'm a noob who's building his first site. It's an Information/Review type site; for traffic - relying on search engines.

Right now I'm building backlinks through broken link baits from bigger niche blogs, got a nice success rate (4/5) so far. Here's what I did:

Ran brokenlinkcheck.com on their site to find deleted sites/links, then I ran archive.org on the deleted page and used the content on a new post for my site. I emailed the owner of the nicheblog and informed him about the broken Link. Of course I asked him to replace it with my new post, to get a backlink.

My Questions: Will I get duplicate content Issues or similar stuff, which will affect my serps? Do l still get authoritative link juice from the backlink? These posts are 1-2 year old and haven't been indexed for a while.

Sorry for my bad english

That's a great strategy. so good in fact I'd rather you didn't share it. Where'd you learn that? Do seo bloggers talk about this now?

They probably do. Bastards.

You'll get the juice and won't have a duplicate content problem.

I would guess that it would have to do with Google's cache.
I wouldn't exactly copy and paste it. Spin the content a little bit, wouldn't take you much more time and you can avoid the risks.
Usually with that strategy, u find the dead links and offer new simular content. But I like your idea better, fuk writing content

I think you'll be fine. It's been deindexed for a while now, so it's not exactly duplicate any more.

Duplicate content isn't always a bad thing :smile: I just setup 2 sites with content ripped from archive.org and both are doing fine .

Will I get duplicate content Issues or similar stuff, which will affect my serps?

No, not with just a few posts. And the real problem with duplicate content is duplicate content on your own domain, not syndicating content from other sites. You'll be fine. If you want to be careful, add a a couple new paragraphs at the top and bottom.

Do l still get authoritative link juice from the backlink?

Yep. :evil:

That's a great strategy. so good in fact I'd rather you didn't share it. Where'd you learn that? Do seo bloggers talk about this now?

They probably do. Bastards.

You'll get the juice and won't have a duplicate content problem.

Thanks, when I was looking for expired domains, I had the idea to use the content, if the domains were already taken or not allowed for a retake (think xxx.blogspot.com). The broken link reminder trick is talked about everywhere, so I just combined them.:smile:

Cool idea! Which sites are you usually targeting? Mostly blogs or also ecommerce sites with blogs?

Cool idea! Which sites are you usually targeting? Mostly blogs or also ecommerce sites with blogs?
So far I've done it only on normal Blogs. But I've found the old blogging domain of a major brand in my niche, and it still has a few backlinks...

Is it better in regards of seo to 301 redirect directly from the domain host like namecheap or from my webhost? I also heard you should wait a few weeks after buying the domain before you redirect it - any merit to that?

Back