Using AAWP

Degree
Potatoe if you see this I have just started using AAWP but the only parts that interest me are the fields, prices and images.

Not interested in all the fancy stuff, going for the subtle affiliate look and this is the first plugin that I have found that is easy to use and does just what I want.

I think visitors just see the fancy tables, product boxes and stylized lists as advertisements and let their eyes slide right over them. For me it is just easier to get visitors to click over to Amazon (or wherever) with a text link.

Even back in the gaudy days when I was selling orchids text links worked well but never thought to test it back them.

Text links, nice pictures and prices are what I am trying on my first site since 2012, to early to tell if I am on the right track...

I think visitors just see the fancy tables, product boxes and stylized lists as advertisements and let their eyes slide right over them.

I wonder about this too. People are going to become ad blind to this plugin over time in general, but I think if you get interested people on the right page it will still help close a sale or get a click more than not having it. But putting the "fancy" parts into non-sales posts will probably get skipped right over.

For me it is just easier to get visitors to click over to Amazon (or wherever) with a text link.

These text links and linking associated pictures to the vendor seems to work pretty good. I bet there's a lot to be said for warming traffic with text discussion rather than trying to get the click by any means necessary. Maybe not for Amazon, and maybe for Amazon depending on what you're advertising. Cheap stuff, just get the click. Really expensive things are going to take some convincing first.

Back