Using A Made Up Author Persona/Pen Name For Your Authority Site

Degree
Hey guys,

I've been using a pen name and a made up persona to project an authority figure in my niche. I'm sure most of you do this as well (?).

I've been reaching out to people in the industry and have made some valuable contacts. My problem is, you can only "pretend" up to a certain point. For example, I can't get on a Skype call and pretend I'm the persona I made up as it will give it away.

The only solution would be to have that persona introduce me as the owner/brand manager and go from there or just come clean and say that I've been using a pen name.

I'm wondering how are you guys handling this?

Hey @Ashraf I started out doing this for my CC9 project and honestly I never considered there being a problem getting on Skype calls.

Having said that I've use images of myself so it's not like I'm pretending to look like someone else, just using a different name.

This is super relevant to my interests.

Having the exact same problem with one of my better sites. It's gotten to a point now where I can't really go on faking it, and it's for the same reasons as you ashref -- personal outreach.

What I have done so far though, is to have the pen name as the "author" and when I reach out I just use my real name and introduce myself as the "owner". It works for now, but just kind of messy... i don't know...

This is super relevant to my interests.

Having the exact same problem with one of my better sites. It's gotten to a point now where I can't really go on faking it, and it's for the same reasons as you ashref -- personal outreach.

What I have done so far though, is to have the pen name as the "author" and when I reach out I just use my real name and introduce myself as the "owner". It works for now, but just kind of messy... i don't know...
I think that's the best way to do this. Clean and easy. Unless there is a business in telling them the truth...

Thanks guys.

Looks like I'll be sticking to that now - introducing me as the owner/manager.

thats lame, stop being a girl and talk to these people like a man and just tell them you have a writer who handles shit for you but you're the main person to talk too

Back