User Insights: Get real user feedback on, well, anything.

dresden

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hello, old friends, new friends, enemies, not-enemies but not-friends and other BuSo members that aren't covered by the above.

Pardon me for not including fancy graphics, but I've been head down working on something that I'm dying to share. As some of you (flattering myself a little) know, I've been up in this game since ~2002. That's just over 15 years of internet marketing hackery and general unsavory behavior. I've built and launched an absolute, disgustingly large pile of things. Most of them never did anything. Maybe they would have had a fighting chance if I had a tool like this. So I built it.

Tl;dr: (say no more fam, take my money)

The tool is called Userinsights.com and it's packed full of testers (real people) who will use your ecommerce site, product lander, whatever you want and evaluate it with a 5+ minute video with narrated feedback.

I built this for myself and people like me. People who want actionable ideas in hours, not days. Remote user testing isn't new. Not by a long shot. There are large, entrenched companies serving massive clients up on the biggest hill on the biggest side of town.

So we didn't build a remote user feedback service. We didn't even niche down and build a remote usability / UX testing service (though we probably could have). We built a platform for insights on any facet of your business.

Remote user sessions are for big companies. The type of companies that do survey groups and massive multi-million dollar replatforming projects. What we sat down to do is build a service for the rest of us. People without a PH.D in survey analysis or psychographic segmentation, but with a website, a vision and a whole lot of grit.

We set out to build something that can help you create more user friendly websites. Over our careers, the best converting products have been those that most closely align with their users goals.

If you've never done something like this, I recommend picking up a 5 pack. If you're used to traditional marketing modalities, you're probably thinking you need hundreds, maybe thousands of these. I am pretty confident that 5 videos can find about 80-90% of your core issues and give you a nice, heaping stack of things to look at a little closer.

Here are the pertinent details:

Price: Starts at $15 per test, gets as low as $10 per test. However, if you just want to get your beak wet you can get one. It'll cost you $15. Buy a few and it's cheaper. I'd love to give them to you for $1 but you know, I have to pay people to do these tests (they get $60/hour roughly) and they're actually ridiculously valuable. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a service with better ROI.

Test types:

• General Website Feedback - Testers spend 5 minutes on your site and describe to you what they learn, how they browse, what they see and what they expect.
  • Navigation Stress Test - Testers complete a series of goals and let you know what, if anything was difficult. Like an online scavenger hunt (with a conversion outcome).
  • Landing Page Test - Testers check out your landing page to make sure it's clear and does what you think it should do.
  • Competitor Feedback - Testers give feedback on you and 3 of your closest competitors. See how you stack up, quickly and easily.

Soon we'll also have design, copywriting, etc feedback (done by people with pretty good skillsets in each).

Turnaround Time: Eh, most tests get completed in a few hours. But let's be safe and say 3 days.

There's an adage in software development which we all know: faster, better, or cheaper? With UserInsights though, with the user videos being so directed, turnaround times blowing away the competitors I've previously used, and the pricing being as margin thin as possible to keep both sides happy, this is a rare case of getting something that's faster, better, AND cheaper.

Get some tests.

Protip: I particularly like the landing page test or the competitor analysis test for first time users.

Hit me up via email if you'd like: support@userinsights.com

Last edited:
Degree
This looks great. Do you have training on the user side so they have some expectations of depth and quality? I'm guessing so since you have several types of tests. I want to make sure they're not some simpletons browsing around for a few minutes going "hmm, i like these colors" versus realizing they have a real job to perform. Are you doing quality assurance on their end? That seems to be the main issue on nearly every other feedback site. The developers don't really care about the quality of the feedback.

dresden

BuSo Pro
Degree
This looks great. Do you have training on the user side so they have some expectations of depth and quality? I'm guessing so since you have several types of tests. I want to make sure they're not some simpletons browsing around for a few minutes going "hmm, i like these colors" versus realizing they have a real job to perform. Are you doing quality assurance on their end? That seems to be the main issue on nearly every other feedback site. The developers don't really care about the quality of the feedback.
Yeah! So the are trained (we actually have a shit ton of testers who are accredited and certified, or work at CRO firms) and we have a lot of regular people. They are very directed in what they're testing too. You get to establish mindset, specific questions, actions, paths, etc.

We do review all of the videos - and most of the users have done a few tests at this point and gotten a lot of feedback.

While we're not a super robust remote user testing platform (you can find those online though for $49/pop) we are an awesome compliment if you're using HotJar, CrazyEgg, ClickTale, LuckyOrange, etc) and have ever wondered, WTF are you doing? Why are you doing that?

planBman

Her Firefall Refines Me
Degree
Oh boy! Does this beauty of userinsights.com have some affiliate program?

Effin' lot of freelancing ecommerce site clients...
could as well do a TOP Recommend Upsell :smile:

Degree
Looks nice!

I'll keep an eye out for when the copywriting feedback launches, just in case you're accepting testers from outside of the USA, that sounds like it would be fun.

Degree
Just grabbed 10 website tests. I clicked through your link, but pricing was still set to $12/each. No biggie. Still a big discount vs similar services.

Degree
Just grabbed 10 website tests. I clicked through your link, but pricing was still set to $12/each. No biggie. Still a big discount vs similar services.
Project approved. I need to update that wording, the lowest price is $10 per test, the highest is $15 per test. It scales down as you ramp up. Sorry for the confusion there.