Twitter Parody Cartel

Degree
A RT from some of those huge twitter parody accounts can put you on the map, but how do you break into it? There gotta be some behind the scenes organization isht going on... helping pump up new accounts for each other.

These can be really lucrative (im guessing... and from what I read... i dont know first hand) for selling sponsored tweets or promoting your own content. Im curious as a cat if anyone has any advice for breaking through to go from a few hundred followers to a few hundred thousand on parody accounts. I'm funny AF so the content isnt a problem it's just getting that exposure for it. If I already had a big one I would have leverage.

This could be a great opportunity for your vertical instead of some huge parody Haris Pilton account.

I can imagine targeting your niche itself and purposefully giving bad advice in a humorous tone, doing satire, and interacting in the same manner. Get a ton of followers and then once in a blue moon, crack the best joke about an article on your main site and get a million retweets/favorites to it, and some traffic and hopefully reap some ranking benefits. Again, you could sell tweets to competitors too to mix it up. Same thing that the OP and article was talking about, just hyperfocused on your vertical.

twitter traffic sucks; great for communicating with your current audience

Back