Turning books into content

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm thinking about working on another online course on september. I've been implementing a book on time management, and it is really doing miracles. I was thinking, could I convert the book into video lectures and sell it as a course.

I don't mean ripping of the text word by word, telling the system in my own words, but the system and techniques would still be the same.

Could I run into any copyright issues?

Yes, if it's a detectable rip off.

Change up the order of the presentation of the material. Add things, take away things. Don't use their catch phrases, examples, analogies, allegories, etc.

What I would do, in this case, is read every other top book on the subject, internalize it all, then write my own system from the ground up. Not only will you not be ripping anyone off, but you'll expand and enhance the topic and offer a more "meta" view over the subject matter.

If you don't feel like doing it the "right" way, as Ryuzaki suggested, you could expedite it by taking bits and pieces of different books and hacking them together.

You'd still want to "change up the order of presentation," but it would still be a lot faster than internalizing it and starting from scratch. Internalizing takes time.

Most of the gurus have been doing this for years..

Back