Traffic leaking, and first sale

Degree
I've first posted in Builder Society some months ago, this is my second post. Spent a long time doing setup. And trying to find out which way is up; I still haven't figured it out. Anyway, I'm getting my feet wet bit by bit.

This week I started traffic leaking. Experimenting with traffic leaking. Did two forum posts, got about 100 pageviews, 10 click-throughs on affiliate links, and one of them got me a commission of... 90 cents. Euro cents. So that's like 99 US cents.

So now I'm on the figurative drawing board. What I'm doing now is subliminal posting. It takes a bit of effort, not too much. I guess I could rotate through dozens of forums, interacting a bit, subliminally dropping the link, moving on to the next forum and coming back only after a month or so.

Problem is this doesn't seem very sustainable. My subliminal posts are casual, so they will probably get buried fast. I don't expect them to generate any value over time. So value that this would generate would only come from what I did in the last 3 days, which is a bit like working in McDonalds, only in McDonalds I'd probably make more money.

My on-page is big branded and has newsletter subscription forms, but the 100 pageviews haven't yet generated any subscribers. Though now that I think of it, 100 pageviews is too little data.

What I think would be a good idea is try something like reddit. More pageviews. Actually, I should try a shitload of things and see what's what. I don't have that many ideas though.

Ideas I do have:

- Trying different audiences. Meaning, I'll just go on forums that are different. Maybe I'll randomly find an audience that converts better.
- Reddit, or Facebook. I suspect more potential than old school forums.

I've tried toying with Pinterest. Have heard good things about it, but I just can't seem to make it work. Actually, I was just randomly subscribing to people from my niche, which didn't get me much. Maybe what I should have done was try and get invited to a popular board.

I laid out my thoughts. Also I'm still bound to Orientation Room, but after this post the next one should give me normal privileges. Maybe by then I'll have a better idea which way is up.

From what I've picked up so far, I think the best tactic is to initially pick a platform with an active community and learn it. Look at @built who's smashing it on Reddit because he took the time to learn how it works.

you should always try different traffic leaks and as many as you can think of, at the same time you want to learn to master each one of them, in that way you'll have more substantiel data to make decissions on wich ones to stick with and wich ones not to stick with.

In my oppinion Reddit is good for traffic but not necesarily for conversions, so depending on the goal of the traffic leaking this is something to also take into consideration when evaluating your efforts and results thereof.
it's a simple cost bennifit analasys in the end of the day, where cost is Time and bennifit is either traffic or conversions, or if you want to maximize on both then they are both the bennifit.

I'll probably stick to forums for a little while, when I get a bit more comfortable there, I'll move on to other platforms.

Back