Traffic Leak of a kind? Paypal emails

goldmercury

IT Rockstar
Degree
I guess I should provide some useful content as I'm new to this forum.

A plan I have been hatching and a traffic leak of sorts...

Consider your niche and your market. Is there a single product or products that they all have, will have or are planning on purchasing prior to entering your niche?

I am in this position with a membership site that I developed last year. There is a particular product that anyone "new" to my niche will purchase.

This got me thinking. Hit up the top eBay sellers of this existing product and use them to promote my membership site. This does not only apply to new customers. All those paypal transactions come with an email address so I can essentially purchase lists from the top eBay sellers.

Taking this a step further I am considering setting up my own eBay shop, ranking the particular product in the eBay serp and marketing to the customers directly. I will be able to offer the product at a lower cost and may even sell at a loss. Making up the $$ when they become a member of my site.

Am I thinking straight? Has anyone have experience of this?

Sounds like it's worth a try. I have even seen people setup ebay listings for clickbank products. I'm not sure how many top eBay sellers are going to be willing to send you the Paypal addresses of their customers?

Are you going to make a case study or a journal out of this? Curious to see how it goes

So, as clarification, are you going to go to the ebay sellers that are still selling the product or do you have a way to see what sellers used to sell it and will hit them up? My only concern would be getting these guys to sell you their lists, only because I don't know if the are just the support industry or if they are trying to do something like you are.
Also, how big will their lists be and what kind of cash will they demand for it?
I'd explore the option of trying to make a deal with these ebay guys for new acquisitions. Maybe something like they refer their new customers over to your site and for every email that registers on your site they get a small kickback. I know if I were an ebay seller I'd be pretty receptive to that idea, especially because it costs me nothing.

I probably will make a case study out of this. As I need to motivate myself as I'm not in that magic cc9.

@chaddicus. I am going to ebay sellers that sell the product, the big players here in the UK ebay are companies that trade in cell phone accesories at the lower end of the market. I'd complied a spreadhseet and have located most of them.

They are the support industry and looking at the way they have things set up are working on volume and not even cosidered IM/affialite offers for thier customer base. Case study to follow.....

Yes I can see how that would motivate you River - the old I get the harder it seems to go down this path. Need to break that inner fear of quiting!

I don't know your age but I'm well into my 30's. I just have a low tolerance for misery it seems. I completely switched careers last time at the height of the recession shortly after buying my first house in '07. For me the emotional toll of being miserable at work is not worth the money.

I dunno what it is but if I'm unhappy at whatever work it is I'm doing I'm far more likely to say -fuck it and just quit. I've gotten lucky over the years and have landed on my feet each time; maybe that's why I took the plunge again this time; good track record and high self esteem? :wink:

Back