Tracking User Journey in Analytics

Degree
Hello Folks,
I'm curious about setup Tracking User Journey within Analytics for a user purchase/subscribe/register, let's say user coming from reading a blog post, and then they are going to another post and then register, i curious to know about each page until achive the objective.

Did you have something similar in your experience? How did you set it up?

Thankyou Buso

Well, all you really need is the standard Google Analytics to be installed on your site to be able to track the customer journey.

Even better would be to have an event set up for the registration so you can exactly see when that takes place.

I'm curious about setup Tracking User Journey within Analytics for a user purchase/subscribe/register, let's say user coming from reading a blog post, and then they are going to another post and then register, i curious to know about each page until achive the objective.

Google Analytics has this setup by default under Behavior >> Behavior Flow. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2785577

You can also setup goals WITH FUNNELS. You would then add the page URLs in the funnels. That will help you understand where users are leaving from so you can adjust accordingly. However, funnels are not meant to be setup for every single page of your website. They should be used to understand issues with your checkout process or signup process and not exact pages users are going through on your website.

If you Google "Setup Google Analytics Goal Funnels" - there are a ton of tutorials that will explain it. Otherwise, use behavior flow (and make sure to use the filters/segments within Google Analytics) to get the most of it.

Google Analytics has this setup by default under Behavior >> Behavior Flow. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2785577

You can also setup goals WITH FUNNELS. You would then add the page URLs in the funnels. That will help you understand where users are leaving from so you can adjust accordingly. However, funnels are not meant to be setup for every single page of your website. They should be used to understand issues with your checkout process or signup process and not exact pages users are going through on your website.

If you Google "Setup Google Analytics Goal Funnels" - there are a ton of tutorials that will explain it. Otherwise, use behavior flow (and make sure to use the filters/segments within Google Analytics) to get the most of it.
well, thank you so much @wikibum, appreciate it, is default Google Analytics setup already good to use? i mean for professional level?

thank you, so much appreciate it @Nabillionaire

well, thank you so much @wikibum, appreciate it, is default Google Analytics setup already good to use? i mean for professional level?

Well, you are probably using the "new" Google Analytics GA4. That has a lot of pre setup settings that should do for almost any business. I don't think you need to setup any advanced settings unless you know what you are doing and what you are looking for.

In my experience working at an agency. A "professionally" setup Google analytics account looks great but project managers rarely know how to use it and don't even know how to read some of the data. So it ends up being a waste of time to set up. In my humble opinion, use it as is.

Well, you are probably using the "new" Google Analytics GA4. That has a lot of pre setup settings that should do for almost any business. I don't think you need to setup any advanced settings unless you know what you are doing and what you are looking for.

In my experience working at an agency. A "professionally" setup Google analytics account looks great but project managers rarely know how to use it and don't even know how to read some of the data. So it ends up being a waste of time to set up. In my humble opinion, use it as is.
Sure, appreciate it @wikibum , i am not migrate to GA4 yet, but will consider next time.

Back