Tool to detect if google's cache has my link?

Degree
I usually use scrapebox cache extractor to get a list of google's last cache date of all the pages that contain links to my sites. Then I compare t hat to when the links were placed. But it is annoying and hard to keep organized.

Anyone know of a tool where I can give it a list of my backlinks, and it can tell me if google's cache of each linking page contains my link?

I do exactly what you said. I use Scrapebox to compare the cache date to placement date. Like you said, it's annoying because you gotta track indexation too, etc. And you have to set delays and randomizations with a single thread, or pay for proxies. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a better alternative. The only reason I'm re-typing a lot of what you said is to maybe assure us that we're on the right track, albeit not one we enjoy.

The other thing I don't like about using scrapebox for this is that google really doesn't seem to like the cache extractor function. Always gets blocked if I have too long a list of URLs, even if I'm using proxies. I can run the Index checker all day with proxies with no problems, but the cache extractor seems to trigger something, not sure why.

I run a 71 second delay between checks and haven't had any issues with that. There will be some that fail but you can recheck the fails without starting over. It takes forever with these long delays but I can let it run in the background, overnight, or while I'm gone, you know.

I think the issue I have is when there are multiple pages in a row with no cache, or another error, the delay doesn't kick in, and before long I get error 429. I'm thinking out loud here but I think I need to run the index checker first, then ONLY run the cache extractor for pages where google already has a cached version of the page.

Interesting... so if I understand you guys are looking to see if your links are indexed by viewing the Google cache of the page that links to your money site?

So you guys would need something that scrapes the Google cache and not the actual page?

Interesting... so if I understand you guys are looking to see if your links are indexed by viewing the Google cache of the page that links to your money site?

So you guys would need something that scrapes the Google cache and not the actual page?
I don't actually extract the Google Cache results (saving the web page). I'm not using it to check if the page is indexed either. That's a separate functionality I do use, but unrelated to the cache stuff.

I'm just tracking if links have been crawled. All I need is the most recent cache date to make sure it's more recent than the date the link was placed. Scrapebox offers this perfectly.

Right now we're just comparing the date we know the link was placed, with the last cache date, and assuming google has seen/indexed the link.

But if there was a tool that could scrape the cached content looking for my link, that would be waaay easier. Just throw a bunch of backlinks into the tool, and it tells me yes google has seen your link or no google hasn't seen it yet (because the cached page doesnt show the link to my site yet)

What keyword phrases are you guys Googling to get to the SERP in order to get the cache? The full URL?

What keyword phrases are you guys Googling to get to the SERP in order to get the cache? The full URL?
Google provides the operator cache: followed by the URL.

I'm using scrapebox cache extractor plugin. But I believe it uses the cache: command like Ryuzaki mentioned.

Back