Tips on How to debloat wordpress?

Degree
Hi, I've been reading posts on here about how wordpress is really bloated and makes unnecessary calls. If i wanted to learn how to to debloat wordpress, where do I start? Any recommendations? Thanks

The best wordpress... is no wordpress.

I would say learn php.

There are easily over 100+ things you can do...

Searching would be your best bet.

CC is right though, it's getting outdated and bloated with every update. There are better alternatives out now..

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah wordpress is really bloated but for someone like me with minimal coding skills it's still the easiest way to get started.

@Ryuzaki shared the emoji tip. Where wordpress calls the emoji function for all pages even though you don't use it. These kinds of hacks are noob-friendly. And yes, I'm learning php. Not good enough to hack wp yet though

I've been meaning to throw together a post here of helpful functions.php items I re-use for this kind of purpose. I'll try pushing for by end of the day if I have time.

Edit: also if you're using Codecanyon stuff you better just give up. Those are so bloated to get approval by Codecanyon (to go on the marketplace). I personally just ended up making my own stuff with Bootstrap, 100x faster.

Back