Tips for selling on ebay

Degree
So I have dabbled with eBay in the past, mainly just for stuff I no longer needed that were hogging space in the house. Once I had a store that I tried to sell a product on too, though that was many moons ago.

Now I find I have some canvas prints to sell. They were returns or promotional canvases so they can't be sold on the main site I have. Ebay sprung to mind but in the past they tend not to have got many views on eBay. Canvas prints are quite popular so there are a glut of them on eBay already.

So what tips do you have for selling and getting them seen in the listings? This what I'm aware of so far:
Make sure you prioritise the title with keywords, what else
Use 10 day listing
Finish at a sensible time such as Sunday night
Use good quality images

What else can you suggest? I'm guessing some of you will have used eBay in the past for selling stock and an additional outlet.

Some gems in, digging would be mostly beneficial :wink:

Yes I had a quick look but maybe need to dig deeper like you say...

Is there a reason you can't do a section for Refurbs, Returns, and Sales? If it works for someone like Apple I'd think you could pull it off. You could list them on your site in a section that's not actively promoted in the high-visibility areas. Then you can also segment your mailing list and only mail those that haven't converted yet and let them know about the opportunity.

I have sold some of the most random shit ever on eBay.

People ARE looking. (And buying)

Even products that are 10x more expensive than every other listing, I've sold on there.

If you're an ebayer you'll know why it's addicting to shop on there.

I only use auctions for things I know are impossible to sell or would take forever. Start @ $0.99 and run for 10 days to build up the watch count.

Everything else I just list at a fixed price with best offer and max out the days, relist until sold. (30 days at a time)

Eventually shit does sell.. It's literally just a matter of putting your listings online.

Also auction end time matters. When I see an auction ending at 6am on a Tues, or 2am on a Sunday, I know no one is going to even bid. I get things for so much cheaper. End auctions in the day after people get off work for the best impact. Mondays/Sundays/Sat are generally excellent since everyone is online.

Solid advice guys, fixed price with best offer for 30 days sounds good. I could do a sales page but the site is built on opencart and tbh I find it a PITA to use so will try ebay first.

Back