Time to take this serious

Degree
Hi all Fellow BuSo,

i am 30+ man living in Asia. Been working in Tech for some years. I've been building some websites in the side but nothing serious and got me only a scrambled knowledge and experiences. I am hoping to finally quit my 9-5 within 2 years .

Something in mind now :
- build affiliate website
- build micro saas generating decent MRR

I have some very basic HTML, CSS , JS, python and intermediate WP.

Any suggestion which way to start ? i target 1000USD/mo within a year.

Degree
It depends on how much experience you have building content marketing websites. Assuming you don't have a ton of experience, I would suggest taking the following path.

Look for a niche that has some affiliate marketing opportunities, as well as some possibility to build a web app, SAAS, or something similar in the future.
Start with the affiliate marketing, and build up some authority in the site. If you're unable to get enough traction to get some reasonable affiliate sales, then you'll have to re-evaluate the endeavor.
If you are able to get the site rolling and earn some money on the affiliate side, get some traffic, etc., you're in good shape. You can then plan and build a web app or SAAS system that will be easy to market to your pre-existing and growing audience.

Also, I would suggest you don't target dollar values at the beginning (or even in the middle!). It's better to target the aspects of the business you can control, as opposed to saying "I want to earn $X by Date Y."

I would suggest making your KPIs into things that you have power over, such as the number of words of content written, number of blog posts, the site speed metrics, the number of emails sent out for backlink outreach, etc. These are much more useful metrics for a niche business starting out. You actually have the power and responsibility to meet them, as opposed to your readers/customers.

Estimating earnings before anything exists is really difficult. And if you miss the earnings you imagine, you can get discouraged and give up on the project prematurely. Of course, you'll need to keep earnings in the back of your mind to determine if it's worthwhile to continue with the project. But it's best to not keep it in the forefront at the beginning before you've built anything.

Degree
$1000 within a year is very doable.
Are you an asian living in asia or a westerner living in asia?
I ask because it might be important for your choice. I don't know the situation with affiliate networks in all the countries in Asia and how it works with Google/Baidu etc).
If you chose to make an affiliate site, you might want to think about if you could use your background from Asia, to leverage a site made for the US/UK. There are niches, topics and knowledge that might be common in Asia, but uncommon in the US. That could be something to get you going.
I've used my European background to do outreach and guest blogging in the US. Use what you have!