Tier 2 Links?

Degree
Ok so I've tried cheap PBNs with spun content as tier 2's before and they didn't seem to make any impact on the rankings of the money page. So I was thinking of buying a pack of decent quality general niche PBN links as tier 2 for a site I'm working on which has decent quality tier 1 links going to the money page.

I'm not looking for indexing here, priority is to push rankings of the target page.

Anyone have strategies, success, experience or recommendations as to how to or what to use as effective tier 2's?

I've tried cheap PBNs too without much success. I'm starting to think it's better to focus on getting more tier 1 links than to bother with tier 2 links, mainly because it feels like tier 2 links need to be as good as the tier 1 links.

One idea would be to do a lot of outreach for your site and take a link on the lower metric sites and the higher ones. But then loop back around and pretend to be from the site of the higher metric tier 1 links and ask to do another guest post for that. Your success rate will climb and you'll get better tier 2s.

Cheaper PBNs on Tier 2 used to work decent about a year ago, but seemed to have lost their effectiveness IMO. The exception to that is if the tier 2 PBN network is niche relevant, then you're probably good.

For Tier 2, I'd build out niche relevant web 2.0s, and then juice those up with high TF blog comments OR additional web 2.0s from FCS Networker, Rankwyz, or something similar.

Ok so I've tried cheap PBNs with spun content as tier 2's before and they didn't seem to make any impact on the rankings of the money page.

Do they even index? Just curious.

So I was thinking of buying a pack of decent quality general niche PBN links as tier 2 for a site I'm working on which has decent quality tier 1 links going to the money page.
I'm starting to think it's better to focus on getting more tier 1 links than to bother with tier 2 links

I would much rather spend time and money building/buying links to my site then pumping up someone else's domain.

So, what would you use for Tier 1?

That's kind've a loaded question. Web 2.0s, guest posts, editorial posts on magazine sites, social profiles, etc... to name a few. Whatever you're doing, just keep it quality on Tier 1.

Personally, I just like using Web 2.0s on Tier 2 because of they're free/cheap to make, you can add a lot of niche relevance on them, and you can piggy back off their domain authority. But to get the most out of them, you have to back them up with something else on Tier 3. I like using high TrustFlow comments for that because you're getting links on pages that are already in Google's index, and they're cheap.

Back