Thousands of PBN links pointing to my site all of a sudden

Degree
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I couldn't find the correct answer. I have thousands of PBNs tha tare accumulating, seems like atleast 50-100 each day that point to my site.

Now, you could poke some holes and ask "How do you know these are PBN links". Well, I don't.

I'm talking about domain names with do follow links to my site. The domain name is a random weird word followed by an odd extension. The pages are full of blocks of random text and links in them to random sites. Nothing about the sites makes sense.

What Should I do? It's very difficult to disavow all of these per day. Any thoughts? Not sure how or why they are occurring either?

PS. My site is pulling in 200 - 400k visitors a month (80% US traffic). no traffic has changed, yet. this has been happening for months.

Those are auto-generated spam text. They are linking to YOUR site and then other properties within their link wheel and then eventually to their OWN sites since somewhere along the pyramid.

Google easily detects those sites. The purpose of linking to your sites is because legitimate sites outbound link within their niche. So they literally choose the #1 and sometimes the #2 sites in their niche and are linking outbound to show their link profile "makes sense" to Google (It doesn't cause it's easily detected A.I. content).

It's not a negative SEO attack, it's spam.

An example for years we would get Monitoring notifications about the brand "SERPWoo" from those exact same type of sites, blocks of text, weird domain extensions (usually free TLDs like the old .xyz ones) and most outbound linked to us, and we'd investigate. We had to adjust the Monitoring feature to filter out that type of spam and we did it quite easily. If we can do it quite easily Google has been doing it for decades so you are safe.

It's always happens to sites in the top positions for their niche and industry.

You'll be more than fine, but it's a cost of being the boss. They aren't normally designed to attack you in a negative SEO they are designed to fool Google that the content, always auto-generated A.I. words, is "inline with Google" and that requires the outbound linking to the top sites in their niche.

The ironic thing is I started seeing their happen when I was pushing that all legitimate blog posts should outbound link within their industry, here at BuSo, and some months later spammers started doing that technique. Pretty hilarious but spammers pay attention to advice to try to get around Google's filters. Before spammers weren't outbound linking to other sites when creating these link wheel scenarios. And I was hammering that you need that for legit site. Spammers put 1 and 1 together and here we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally wouldn't worry about it because if mail software can filter out emails from .xyz domains and consider them automatically spam, or increase their spam score easily, Google knows about those weird extensions as well and filter them out.

Those are auto-generated spam text. They are linking to YOUR site and then other properties within their link wheel and then eventually to their OWN sites since somewhere along the pyramid.

Google easily detects those sites. The purpose of linking to your sites is because legitimate sites outbound link within their niche. So they literally choose the #1 and sometimes the #2 sites in their niche and are linking outbound to show their link profile "makes sense" to Google (It doesn't cause it's easily detected A.I. content).

It's not a negative SEO attack, it's spam.

An example for years we would get Monitoring notifications about the brand "SERPWoo" from those exact same type of sites, blocks of text, weird domain extensions (usually free TLDs like the old .xyz ones) and most outbound linked to us, and we'd investigate. We had to adjust the Monitoring feature to filter out that type of spam and we did it quite easily. If we can do it quite easily Google has been doing it for decades so you are safe.

It's always happens to sites in the top positions for their niche and industry.

You'll be more than fine, but it's a cost of being the boss. They aren't normally designed to attack you in a negative SEO they are designed to fool Google that the content, always auto-generated A.I. words, is "inline with Google" and that requires the outbound linking to the top sites in their niche.

The ironic thing is I started seeing their happen when I was pushing that all legitimate blog posts should outbound link within their industry, here at BuSo, and some months later spammers started doing that technique. Pretty hilarious but spammers pay attention to advice to try to get around Google's filters. Before spammers weren't outbound linking to other sites when creating these link wheel scenarios. And I was hammering that you need that for legit site. Spammers put 1 and 1 together and here we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally wouldn't worry about it because if mail software can filter out emails from .xyz domains and consider them automatically spam, or increase their spam score easily, Google knows about those weird extensions as well and filter them out.
Are there any good reads you would recommend on the topic of the things that Google can probably figure out really easily and what they can't? It's something I've always wondered about, but everything I've found on the topic is kind of hand-wavy and uses super vague generalizations, etc.

Are there any good reads you would recommend on the topic of the things that Google can probably figure out really easily and what they can't?

It's a waste of time trying to guess because you aren't in the right mindset. You are more concerned with Google than the end user. Yet it's the end user that generate the revenue for your business. Concentrate on the satisfying the end user and you can exist beyond Google. Unless you are just trying to do blackhat which in-itself is short-term.

It's a waste of time trying to guess because you aren't in the right mindset. You are more concerned with Google than the end user. Yet it's the end user that generate the revenue for your business. Concentrate on the satisfying the end user and you can exist beyond Google. Unless you are just trying to do blackhat which in-itself is short-term.
I don't disagree with what you've said here in the least bit. I don't know very much about any of this, but I'm eager to learn.

Back