Thought's on LRT's LinkDetox?

Politico

Boot Camp
Degree
So I've manually submitted disavows in the past and have updated it about yearly I'd say. I've been spammed before with NegSEO but recently I think something new has come in to a couple of URLs. Unfortunately AHREFS and GSC isn't showing many new RDs or links coming in.

So I was thinking about using LinkDetox from Link Research Tools to see if it comes up with some more info (I know it uses a bunch of different link checker databases).

But it's pretty damn pricey.

Anyone have thoughts on it? Worth the money to have it manage disavow and scan/monitor links?

Isn't any kind of link detox a waste of time, just like the disavow tool?

I dunno, I hear link profile maintenance and clean up is pretty important

I used to take care of my disavow file until it became an insane chore. The more I ranked, the more I was crawled and spammed as a co-citation. It got to the point where it was unmanageable. So I decided to just see if Google was true to there word that they could ignore spam through either marking it internally or not indexing it. I saw no ill effect. Any future effects were clearly attributable to things they were targeting in updates.

But in the past I absolutely know it worked. I actually cleared a penalty to a site by disavowing a giant blogspot network where they were simply linking to images (yes, a penalty from an automated network on Blogger [owned by Google] only linking to images).

So who knows. I know some people who swear by it but truthfully it's nearly impossible to isolate as a test any more, unless you have a penalty. And I haven't seen a link-based penalty that wasn't PBN based in forever. Is that because Google is now ignoring mass spam and discounting it, or is that because they just aren't tossing out manual actions and are penalizing algorithmically in such a way that we don't notice it? I doubt it it's the latter as that works against their need to actually clean up the SERPs.

Back