There are just so many garbage people in this world.

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
On top of that, they could care less about you.

So many people building products that fail, taking the cheapest route. Really noticed this while building a home. Terrible subcontractor after subcontractor, shitty product after shitty product.

People taking about doing good things, but only when it's convenient or self-satisfies themselves. People not being able to commit to anything. People ready to take away all of your rights/freedoms for their own emotional benefit.

Customers who treat you awful. Bosses/Business owners who treat their customers an employees like trash. People counterfeiting other's inventions with toxic materials, dumping chemicals into the water supply we all drink out, etc. People who will burn entire relationships for petty cash. Criminals..

I could go on... :wonder:

For every one good person I meet, there's ten thousand who are just terrible. I don't endorse this person or know their work, but I stumbled across this short, simple article and liked it: https://edlatimore.com/no-one-gives-a-shit-about-you/

It's not just the "city", you can find these people in the sticks too.

As I get older, I've noticed this just more and more. I keep meeting new people and finding this out immediately or seeing old people I know, fall into the category eventually. No one ever teaches you this stuff at an early age; it's all about sharing and caring. What a bunch of bullshit that society pushes something no one even believes in as an adult. I've been lucky to meet a handful of really awesome people online though; forever grateful for those folks. Anyways...

We're out on our farm now, and I've found the purest form of happiness/friendship just sitting in the pasture with my goats while they graze. But I could never be a farmer full-time or do that all day; I'd go crazy lol... I live for the hustle and hard work competing against society.

Not sure where this is going but yeah, enjoy this thread.

It can be rough when you realize this as a kid/teenager. But no point getting worked up about it. It is what it is.

I believe its two important factors contributing to this:
- Peoples nature
- A system that pushes for it

I think most people are naturally out for themselves. We try the best for ourselves to better our situation, and other people come second. Its logic and natural.

The main problem is politics. In my country, there used to be a fellowship and community among people. A time when people told the cashier that they got too much money back and you could walk in the city at night safely. There was a sense of community, where everyone in the country were one.

Then came leftist politics. Which resulted in atheism (that turned into anti-religion), individualism, materialism, decadence and all that. People no longer felt a connection to their fellow man and woman. Its just me, me, me.

Now days I live in a very christian country, and its more like what my country used to be like. There are, of course, problems and rotten apples here too. But the sense of community is strong, which reflects strongly in how people behave in society and towards each other.

Last edited:
Agree, things seem to be deteriorating. There's always been bad people, but the amount of people who seem to have given up on the future, in America at least, seems to be at an all time high.

I notice this with average driving behavior, with interactions on the street and in stores, and observe its byproducts like increased litter and petty theft.

To @Trump's point a lot of it is political. It seems pretty obvious, in America at least, that much of this general hostility and foul attitude is driven by lazy partisan politics, from both the left and the right, juiced up by politicians and pundits, and then amplified again via their MSM lackeys and launched into perpetual reverberation through society a la social media.

The result is a nation where everyone distrusts and hates their neighbor and everyone else who isn't in their tiny extremist echo chamber tribe. This trickles down to a generally aggressive public attitude and flippant behavior.

There's also been a class war waging since the 80's but has been turned up to the max in just the last few years. Wall-street and corporate America have twice called the "fReE mArKeT's" bluff and twice now they've been bailed out.. This is indicative of an entirely captured political system. Greed has never been better and buying back stocks instead of doing essential things like hiring is now having it's very obvious consequences.

The market is literally cannibalizing its consumer base for short term shareholder profit. I'm assuming they see the writing on the wall and are all cashing out to acquire bunkers in New Zealand.

Rotten corrupt politicians can't take action to address anything, so the only institution left in the U.S capable of changing this ships direction is the fed and they've already made a giant fucking mess of that..

The game has always been rigged but the monopoly players have now even stopped pretending it's a game at all and are just laying waste. The gov't slot machine is malfunctioning and the fat cats are scooping up as much as they please.

Then came the pandemic. People who were barely proficient at things like driving, or who were already mentally unstable from years of struggle and hate, were kind of pushed over the edge. Drivers who were barely safe are now essentially heat seeking missiles, which is obvious by the explosion of visible auto body damage. People with positive outlooks became neutral/indifferent. People who had generally neutral outlooks became negative. People with existing negative outlooks became hateful.

Now the music is finally stopping and we're stuck with an inevitable recession, which I think will almost certainly turn into a depression. Our gov't is completely broken so solutions cannot be raised nor implemented. 20% of our publicly traded companies are zombies and interest rates are 'a risin. This entire system has been on life support since 2000 because of easy slutty access to capital which is finally changing.

The shittiest part is there doesn't seem to be a solution on the horizon. Politics are defunct and captured by the donor class and monopolists. The monopolists seem content to squeeze the consumer until the entire economy just seizes up, and your average do-good Joes and Janes seem to be just giving up entirely and throwing in the towel to join the hate club that's tearing apart any possibility electorate-driven course correction.

Shit, I really need to build out a goddamn prepper site...

Last edited:
I noticed this when I was poor and I was getting screwed over left and right by companies with all kinds of schemes to make it difficult to cancel and so on.

I also wrote about it somewhere and most people thought it was just that I was noticing it now, but no, I do think we've entered a terminal stage of sorts in this globalist capitalist empire, where everyone is trying to plunder what they can before it all collapses.

There are riches to be had still but everyone is accutely aware that they're diminishing quickly. Western countries are being overrun by immigrants looking to grab a piece of the metaphorical Forum Romanum while its still there.

And adding to that is the divisiveness that @harrytwatter mentions in that when you really dislike the urban progressives/reactionary rural, then why not fuck them over? They're racist/traitors/homophobic/groomers right?

And your neighbor doesn't look like you, they're brown or they have pink hair or they're a fat white man in sandals with socks and no one feels a sense of belonging.

So yeah, go ahead and loot what you can before it collapses and you retire to your farm/India/Turkey.

You know what the worst part is? Everything is still be operated by people who were born in the 50s/60s/70s. Wait until all the mentally unstable people born in 1980 and beyond (there's a high % of them) get "control." I say this as someone born in '96, by the way.

The big issue is that decent people are retreating into their foxholes and all that's left in the public eye are a bunch of weirdos (I'm generalizing to a degree, of course). It used to be the other way around- weirdos stayed inside and decent people were out in public.

Of course, there are still places you can go to increase the odds of being around decent people. However, these places are either starting to disappear or they're becoming harder to access (cost of living increase, lack of housing supply, injected politics, etc.).

Completely agree with this statement @contract made:

It's not just the "city", you can find these people in the sticks too.

I've grown up in small-town Canada since the age of 9- it's a drama-filled nightmare for the most part, and the only way to avoid the drama is to have no friends (which is what I've done, and it's screwed me up tremendously). It's amazing how many people will screw other people over in a town where there's nowhere to hide.

Small towns aren't filled with picket fences, they're filled with drugs and boredom. There are some positive aspects too though, haha. The key is to make good money and to not depend on the local population for a large percentage of your happiness, I think.

I know some of you are younger than me, and some of you are mentioning words like "now", "2000", etc.

But I want to make it clear, this has been ongoing since way before "now", "recent", or "2000".

You're just now mature enough to see it play out more, in your timeline of events.

This has been going on, that I have noticed, since way before recent times. If you read between the lines, closely monitor and think about what you see and hear in old movies or reruns, or just news articles from say the 50's, you will see it there too.

The thing that has changed, is each decade.. the amount of this has grown.

Maybe in the 50's it was 10%.

60's = 20%

70's = 30%

80's = 40%

You get the drift.

It's impossible to not see it now, but it was still a big issue decades ago.

That how people like me, become who I am. Is this a bad thing, no.

It's engrained and a part of the culture. It's something that has been growing for a while.

One day you're 9 and told if you just get a job and work hard and loyal for 45 years.. you'll get a pension, promotions, and be taken care of ( social security and pension and benefits ) for the rest of your life.

Next you're 30 and have been laid off 4 times from companies you each helped pull out of bankruptcy and helped make millions of dollars with no pension, no weekly income, no benefits, and starting over from ground zero with nothing and 3 kids to feed.

Remove the business aspect of the above and replace it with day in and day out activities ( purchasing a home, getting your car fixed at the dealership, etc ) that you have with other people and you get the same outcome.

People are tired of being lied to, walked on, stolen from, being put last in line, thrown away, and ultimately treated like shit.

The only way to get ahead in that mentality, is to start looking out for yourself and put yourself first.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES. Keep this thread going.. Another example for this thread:

Hire a GC to handle deck framing for new house.
2 months later he sends out a subcontractor who frames the deck.
GC never shows up to oversee anything but examine finished deck.
Structural engineer says it's built wrong, needs another support post.
I complain to GC and agree to a 60 day cap to finish repairs. GC never tells subcontractor.
Subcontractor agrees to fix it, I wait another 2 months with no work happening in the meantime.
Can't get him to show up again after 2 months, refuse to pay him; fire him.
Subcontractor wants to sue me, put a lien on house, etc. He's pissed over a few grand.

Bruh...

If you don't show up for work for over 2 months, you're not going to have a job lol.

While building the house.. When you're in your early 30's and building a multi-million dollar home, people don't understand what you've had to sacrifice, the hard work, etc. They just see you as a bank.

- Mid way into project siding guy's manager said they "mis-measured" square footage and wanted thousands in additional $.

- Changed from 5/8" to 3/4" plywood for roofing because it was impossible to find in stock. Installation method doesn't change, just adds 10 more lbs to each board's weight. Roofers wanted thousands extra.

- Hired insulation guys to install a sheet membrane over ceiling. We agreed on a set fixed price. They didn't complete the work in one day, so they would come back next week with additional people. Sure, do it faster no problem; do what you want I'm in no rush. Next day they want hundreds of dollars to pay "extra" workers to cover their daily rate. Bruh fixed rate doesn't not mean the price changes if you bring a bigger crew.

- Very reputable local electrician company was using unlicensed workers but charged master rates. Had to hire an old timer to fix so many writing mistakes; and get legal over it. $30,000 in over-charges had I let this slip.

- Framing workers sitting in their truck for an hour chilling in the morning, walking in wasted, working like sloths so as f, throwing cans Modelo Especial in the dumpster. Trying to tell me that is "trash" from last night. Had they just been honest, I wouldn't give a shit if work was getting done, but nope.. Our stone guys drank on the job, but man did they get shit done.

- Framer telling me his crew could finish roof edges, after spending an hour with him explaining the plans and work involved and agreeing to a daily cost. Held up project for 3 months, waiting on them to never show up after being promised over and over again.

Life's been great to me.

Even when it was hard financially, the adventure to finding my path again was amazing.

I've learned that i can't control others but he key is to control who i allow in my world

We always sense the bullshit.......... but try to put the emotion/patience before trusting our gut.

Stick to your gut, STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO DOUBT YOUR REASONS or ask you to go against it, ................. this has always been the way

Hasn't changed since the beginning of time.

The problem as I see it is the few rotten apples stand out and do proportionately more damage than the good people do neutral or add good. We can easily misinterpret this as “everyone sucks” but it’s not really that many people. If I had to peg a number on it I’d guess around 15% of people could stop breathing and life would improve big time for the rest.

Back