The pharmacy guy who took heat for raising prices has been with Wu Tang

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
I heard about this guy when stories were popping up all over the media about how he was gouging people on prescription drug prices, buying up drugs and raising the price by thousands of %'s overnight, etc...

And I don't know who remembers that Wu Tang Clan album, where they only made one copy and sold it to the highest bidder...

But it was actually the pharma guy who bought that record. Same dude. This detail escaped me until just now, when I saw that he was beefing with Ghostface Killa...

3zX0Y4k.png

One of those things that just has me asking... Is this real life?!

He lives streams all the time, there's even a clip where him and his buddy are using the Wu Tang album as a plate to bust up weed.

Overall he seems like a pretty lonely guy that requires all the hate he receives to go on, all the while proving he's highly intelligent. There's a few mentions here and there that he's got a sharp photographic memory in which he memorizes medical journals, white papers, etc. His track record is pretty crazy for a guy that's just in his 30's (for good or bad).

Only semi-related but I think "Mental Illness" would be a great rap name on multiple levels.

For anyone interested in this Shkreli guy, VICE had a casual interview with him a week or two back.
Interesting to hear his take on matters... I became less sure about whether he's a bad guy or not.

... I became less sure about whether he's a bad guy or not.

He is a piece of sh*t. Everyone focuses on the "price gouging" but what he is being charged for is his time as a sham hedge fund manager. He was faking documents and lying to his investors and bilking them for millions of $$.

According to the SEC’s complaint filed in federal district court in Brooklyn:

https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-282.html

Shkreli was portfolio manager for the hedge fund MSMB Capital Management LP from October 2009 to March 2014, and also served as portfolio manager of another hedge fund he founded and controlled named MSMB Healthcare LP.

Shkreli misappropriated about $120,000 from MSMB Capital Management from October 2009 to July 2011 to unlawfully pay for food, clothing, medical expenses, clothing, office rent, and cash withdrawals.

Shkreli misled investors and prospective investors in MSMB Capital Management about the fund’s size and performance, claiming for example in July 2010 to have “returned +35.77% since inception on 11/1/2009.” In fact, the fund generated losses of about 18 percent.

In another example, Shkreli falsely stated in December 2010 that the fund had $35 million in assets under management. In fact, the fund had less than $1,000 in assets in its bank and brokerage accounts.

Shkreli lied to one of MSMB Capital Management’s executing brokers in February 2011 about the fund’s ability to settle a sizeable short sale in a pharmaceutical stock in MSMB Capital Management’s account. This transaction resulted in losses of more than $7 million to the executing broker who had to cover the short position in the open market.

Shkreli misappropriated $900,000 from MSMB Healthcare in 2013 to settle claims asserted by MSMB Capital Management’s executing broker arising out of the losses suffered in the short selling transaction.

From September 2013 to March 2014, Shkreli, with assistance from Greebel, fraudulently induced Retrophin to issue stock and make cash payments to certain disgruntled investors in Shkreli’s hedge funds who were threatening legal action. Shkreli and Greebel had investors enter into agreements with Retrophin misleadingly stating the payments were for consulting services when in fact the purpose was the release of potential claims against Shkreli.

Oh yeah - I was more referring to the pharma stuff as to my opinion of him. For instance, in the interview he says if someone can't afford the drug he jacked the price on, just contact him and he;'ll make sure you get it.
Dunno if he's being truthful about that, but if so then it makes a difference.

I don't know much about the Hedge Fund stuff, although did see this today in a Financial Post article ...

Five things you may not know about Martin Shkreli, the most hated man in America
4. The securities fraud he’s accused of committing is actually pretty impressive, if true.

Essentially, Shkreli stands accused of starting hedge funds, raising a lot of money, losing it, then starting new funds and a company and using risky new investments to pay back the original investors. As Bloomberg’s Matt Levine points out, this is very difficult to pull off in the long run, but Shkreli appears to have done it.

His original investors got their money back and Retrophin Inc., the company he started, currently has a market capitalization of US$511 million. “If he is a securities fraudster, he should be an inspiration to securities fraudsters everywhere,” Levine said.

Source: http://business.financialpost.com/e...-martin-shkreli-the-most-hated-man-in-america

From the Vice interview he seems alright. I think he gets hated on too much. Wood play chess with/10

Love the WuGoo ad halfway through lmao

I always wondered why someone would ever take the time to respond to the critics after they do some super scum bag thing. It's like charlie sheen and justin beiber doing roasts. They do it because it works. Some of you guys are seriously gullible. "I don't think he's a bad guy after watching that video, he said he'd give the product away for free if you just asked him for it" wtf

"...Dunno if he's being truthful about that, but if so then it makes a difference."

Back