The Hard Times Black Friday Deal Troll

Degree
The punk rock and hardcore satire site, The Hard Times, is running a Black Friday promo code playing off of the phrase "poser". One facebook commenter expressed how this promo wasn't punk. He continued with a lengthy rant on how consumerism ruins everything and what it truly means to be punk.

fY3wLNk.png

The Hard Time replied that they made his name into a 30% off promo code. A hilarious fuck you! What I wonder is if this is just a great response to a troll or if this whole thing was a set up to create controversy and excitement around an otherwise pretty basic t-shirt sale.

MWlvhC1.png

I'd lean that it was a setup. Guys like that can't help but virtue signal when they do that sort of thing for real.

I'd venture to say it was a setup but some people are really good at pivoting any event into a positive too. It's the Art of War / Saul Alinsky stuff, exploiting an enemies weakness and using ridicule to amplify it's absurdity so the bandwagon takes your side. Who knows, but that's a fun example, thanks for sharing it.

Back