Taking over frontpage (weak competition)

Degree
Since I don't do much SEO anymore these days, I have no idea if this is the right thing to do. So please help me out here.

So I have a local search term that I want to dominate. I set up a website a year ago and built a few manual links (10 maybe?) and it ranks #7 already. I was thinking that maybe it would be possible to set up a couple of other websites and rank them all to push of at least a couple of the competitors off the first page.

There is also a map shown, but my location is too far off the city center. I guess nothing can be done here?

My plan is the following:
- Set up another couple of websites likes keywordlocationnews, keywordlocationevents etc and fill them with somewhat decent content.
- Set up 10+ web 2.0 properties and create a couple of pages for each of those
- Blast those properties with some cheap links

Is this a reasonable approach in this day and age?

Sure - but you could also do it with straight barnacle SEO. Find local sites (food guides, local political bloggers, whatever) and try to get a hosted page on their site.

For the gmaps thing, you could always find a biz / person living in city centroid and pay them a few bucks to receive the verification card. Craigslist works for this, as does simply calling. Say you got a notification that it was sent to the wrong address and would like to alert them so they know to hold onto it for you.

as does simply calling. Say you got a notification that it was sent to the wrong address and would like to alert them so they know to hold onto it for you.

THANKS! I have a site I couldn't find a way to register for. I even thought of going on AirBnB and renting a room for a day to get that Google verification post card but I'll try this instead :smile:

Back