Taboola etc

Degree
Just got accepted for Taboola (500k visits p/month required) any of you bros with them? Any thoughts or experience v others like Outbrain etc.

I've been looking into content syndication services like this. What's the cost for 500k visits? I have sites on topics that aren't very social worthy, but will probably do well if placed on relevant/related sites. From what I've heard from other people is that you pretty much just have to split test these networks to see which brings the best ROI.

Sorry should say I'm coming at this the publisher side not the adv side

Please let us know how it goes. I've very interested in one or more of these types of networks when the time comes. As a publisher as well, but even as an advertiser too, for some good old ***. <-- edited. Better left unsaid.

On the publisher side, I have a 3X2 pack at the bottom on one site that has pretty low Adsense RPMs.

My average RPM is about 25 cents. Pretty bad, but its extra revenue since all my other ad units are higher up. My site has a lot of articles where the user finds what they need and bounce - so the taboola units only get seen by 12% of users, I imagine if that number was in the 40-50% range the RPMs would go up correspondingly.

My CPCs are around 2.5 cents. I get around 1.25M pageviews per month so I'm a drop in the ocean, but I hear bigger publishers can get some pretty juicy deals since outbrain and taboola are fighting to dominate the space and lock up publishers.

2.5 cents cpc - wow that is insanely low.

Still waiting for data to filter through from my implementation but at those kind of CPCs I would question why anyone (not banned from Adsense) would even consider it as a viable monetization platform, irrespective of volume.

Taboola is great at sending cheap traffic to your site, and then you put their related posts ads on your site to offset a large chunk of the charges. That's why you see sites like Viralnova using them in their articles, but also advertising heavily with them.

Unless you have traffic volume in the millions of uniques a month you're not going to make much from them. ($1,000 +/month)

Thanks @Tavin

Yeah guessed as much. I see the model and it must be working to help drive a good burst of traffic to start the ball rolling.

Guess it has its place somewhere way below -

1.Own Product Funnel Ads
2.Adsense
3. Other direct ad deals.

Back