Supplementing a keyword campaign with PPC?

Degree
Is it wise to supplement your keyword ranking efforts with PPC?

Say for example you are running an SEO campaign set for high pr links over a months time and one week into the campaign, your boss comes in and says: "We're running a warehouse sale this weekend. I want to sell these out. Put out a post on social media and run a PPC."

Then lets just say we get 1000 visitors that weekend on the website through the PPC for the same keywords i'm running in my SEO campagin.
Will the PPC efforts help boost the keyword rankings? Or can it hurt the SEO campaign?

it can help with branding your domain/company to that keyword. It will not help in boosting the rankings though

I'd guess it won't help or hurt the SEO campaign. Maybe help if you randomly get some links from the new exposure.

There's a lot of conspiracy about whether or not Google helps those with huge adwords spends, but then again, that's counterproductive for google. If they help you with rankings then you'll spend less on PPC.

There is a conspiracy but one good explanation that I heard from a source is that user metrics as a ranking factor. And user metrics can only be determined with traffic. So if you run a PPC campaign, you not only get better pricing if you have a good CTR but also having a lower bounce rate for your site would probably help push up your organic rankings.

I don't believe it will help to boost the rankings of the site, but it also shouldn't hurt the rankings either.

It will be most useful in brand related campaigns. You can fill the entire above fold page with your organic and advertising results. Also, you can display the message/offers you want to convey!

It will not directly have any effect on your rankings, however, will provide you with relevant visitors which can be converted into contextual backlinks depending on the quality of your website.

Back