Suggestion on free video editing software for youtube vids

Degree
Hello everyone,

Looking for a free video editing software that will allow me to create highlight videos, I want to be able to take snips of other vids and combine them together, add music or sound, be able to add voice-overs, and the ability to add text like letters, arrows, circles

The goal is to create a video similar to this

iMovie on MacOS and iOS is perfect for what you're describing. Simple editing, simple interface compared to some of the more advanced programs.

If you're on Windows your options are endless.

I think there's even browser based editors at this point too, many that have some tier of free to them.

Hello everyone,

Looking for a free video editing software that will allow me to create highlight videos, I want to be able to take snips of other vids and combine them together, add music or sound, be able to add voice-overs, and the ability to add text like letters, arrows, circles

The goal is to create a video similar to this

Like @Samwise89 mentioned, imovie is a good option if you're on MAC, although a bit limiting when you're working with multiple tracks.

Another great option is to use davinci resolve to do the editing. It's free and has advanced features you expect on a high end video editing software. Plus they have excellent free tutorials on their website itself.

Like @Samwise89 mentioned, imovie is a good option if you're on MAC, although a bit limiting when you're working with multiple tracks.

Another great option is to use davinci resolve to do the editing. It's free and has advanced features you expect on a high end video editing software. Plus they have excellent free tutorials on their website itself.
iMovie on MacOS and iOS is perfect for what you're describing. Simple editing, simple interface compared to some of the more advanced programs.

If you're on Windows your options are endless.

I think there's even browser based editors at this point too, many that have some tier of free to them.

I'm using a PC, @Huang_Victor @Samwise89 thanks for the suggestion going to try dvinci.

Has anyone tired shortcut? what are your thoughts on it?

I'm using a PC, @Huang_Victor @Samwise89 thanks for the suggestion going to try dvinci.

Has anyone tired shortcut? what are your thoughts on it?

I guess you mean Shotcut.

It's pretty decent and fast. For simple stuff I definitely recommend.

I used to use and then switched to HitFilm Express, not sure exactly why I switched, but they are both fine but ShotCut is a bit simpler and a bit less feature rich. Which can be an avantage.

Back