Style Guides for Web Design

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I love looking at style guides. They encapsulate the design of a site quickly down to every single important HTML or CSS that make a site unified. It's also a great way to START a web design project to pitch to the client, possibly making 3 or 4 different "cards" for them to choose from.

Here are some cool examples so you can look through them and see what I'm talking about. You'll likely learn a lot about CSS along the way, plus get some ideas for your own projects:
I can't explain why this gets me so excited. I want to go back and make one for my new project just for the fun and practice, because this is definitely a must for big clients and also can make your design workflow a lot faster and organized.

Have you guys ever made one? @Marc?

Do you think something like this interests typical browsers of your website? Is there any marketing utility in it?

Yes, but these are usually done in websites coded with LESS, this being the "good practice" workflow, for huge websites. These are given to clients and 99% of the time never see the light of day, but I managed to dig up a page that has not been deleted and shows what a bootstrap style guide looks like, after being customized with LESS ( http://212.111.42.125/styleguide.html ).

Typically, when I see a good one ( the material design one ), I get jitters and want to start creating one, but these are such a time sink you never find the time to complete one.

Back