Struggling with CTR

Degree
Hello Buso,

I just need the advise nor an answer about the CTR.

I have couple of thousand traffic within GSC data, but it's seems like the "total" number of CTR is quite low, but my main keyword is having a good percentage of CTR, but others keyword that's seems like google "attached" to the pages is not that relevant and make the overall CTR decrease.

How to solved that issue if you have the same problem with me or if you want to tell to someone, how you are gonna said it?

Thank you

I wouldn't assume this is a problem with you and your content. Google often ranks content for queries it shouldn't be ranking for and then that stops happening at some point. They also have the Scroll-to-Text Fragments going on now where they're ranking Passages instead of Pages. That could be part of it.

My point is, your choice is to change your meta titles and meta descriptions to bait more clicks but if the pages aren't serving the users and the queries as it is, it's just going to cause pogosticking (pressing the back button) which will hurt you even more.

Thank you ryu, that's clear enough for me.

one more question, about the Bounce Rate, it's clear to me after reading couple of article that's that metrics is broken on how the percentages come from.

So the same question :
1. how to fix the issue even, tips about decrease the bounce rate?
2. if not, how to said to my fellows that metrics is not that important, or etc?

Thank you so much Ryu.

2. if not, how to said to my fellows that metrics is not that important, or etc?
It depends on what your goals are for your visitors.

If you want them to move from a landing page to a checkout, then you want a 0% bounce rate.

If you want them to move from the first page they visit on your site straight to a merchant that gives you a commission, or you want them to click on a display ad, then a 100% bounce rate is good.

It all depends on the context of the situation and what you want visitors doing.

If you don't write a Meta Description with a CTA, that will almost always decrease CTR in my experience.

Back