Development Speedster - Server and Website Speed Optimization

CCarter

If they cease to believe in u, do u even exist?
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
First we gave you the Powerful Niche Backlinks.

Then we gave you the most infamous service to date: Affluenza - Google AutoComplete Manipulation (had to offline that cause of the haterade).

Now it's time for Phase 3.

If you have horrible pagespeed listen up!

10/100 isn't good enough folks. "My site seems fast to me" won't cut it.

Google has gone through great lengths to create pagespeed testing and optimization tools, so that should tell you their intent will always be a faster experience for users.

And it makes sense - how many times have you gone to a site that you can't tell whether it's loading or not?

Mobile usage of the internet has surpassed Desktop. Everyone is on their phone - but they aren't on your site if your Mobile speed is horrendous. It's time to take things to the next level, and we can help you do that.

We're introducing Speedster!

Here are the options:

__________Package__________
_________Description_________
__Pricing__
Server Speed OptimizationWe go into your Apache or NGINX settings and make the necessary updates to increase your server's speed. This usually helps increase TTFB and other aspects of speed. If possible we will enable HTTP/2 as well.
Root and SFTP/FTP access to your server is required.
$500
Website Speed OptimizationWe optimize your htacces, cache control, and other aspects to improve your speed. (does not include image optimization - that is billed separately)

SFTP/FTP and WordPress access is required.
$400
CustomCustom speed optimization - that goes above the normal WordPress install. (Billed hourly)
$100 / hour​

These are introductory prices - if the demand gets too great we'll have to increase the prices. However if you bought at the low rate than that rate will always be available to you.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Optimization Level: We are only going to maximize it to the point that keeps all functionalitys in place. For example if you have a slow AD Network - that is staying in place, nothing I can do about that. But we may run tests against the AD Network not loading, and show you the difference.

2. Plugins: Basically we are going to optimize up to the point where a user will not notice the difference. However - some of you guys have like 50 plugins. We'll attempt to determine which plugins can be switched off and consulting with you on options.

We'll also recommend different plugins that may make sense for your scenario.

3. Content Distribution Network: If you have a CDN we'll need access to the CDN in order to reset caches and test different settings. At the very least we'll need to be able to disable it until the optimization is complete.

4. Target Audience: Users with WordPress installs. I'm going to say this right off the bat - this isn't for everyone! If you are on some WordPress Hosting like WPEngine or WPXHosting - I can't help you at least at server optimization level.

If you have some other CMS, I can take a look at it and optimize the necessary files outside your CMS for speed optimization but I will not go into the CMS. If we can't improve the speed then you'll get a refund or credit for another site - the choice is yours.

NO Microsoft operating system/servers. We only work on Linux, Unix, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, and most normal HTTP servers. If you've got some janky operation (Looking at you guys with the Amazon buckets) that's going to be custom.

5. Guarantee: If we can't significantly increase your speed - you'll get an instant refund or credit for another site. What is significant? More than a 10 PageSpeed score on mobile and desktop COMBINED increase; meaning a 5 point increase in mobile and 6 point increase in desktop = 11 that is significant. HOWEVER - our aim is to hit the 80+ to 90+ range with both mobile and desktop but YOUR hosting, server, business model, and other limitations may hinder that.

If we do server optimization and cannot increase by 10 points combined we'll do a website speed optimization at no extra cost to get you as far as possible (Trust me we'll get the 10 points so don't try to count on this; there are very few scenarios where we don't hit the target with just server optimization).​

--

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree

becool

BuSo Pro
Degree
Finally. Speed optimization continues to be the bane of my existence, particularly given WordPress' proclivity to release updates that, at least in my case, break everything. Order submitted. That pricing is also extremely competitive, to the point of absurdity.

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Faster Than Fast - The Difference Is Clear.

--

Always take every advantage possible. Lead the pack instead of playing catchup will give you that leg up you need on your competitor. Google loves speed, users love speed - give them speed!

--

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
When The Paint Job's Fresh...

--

"In this industry you have to run as fast as possible to just stay in your place. If you slow down for a second you are done. You need every advantage possible. There is always a need for speed."

--

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree

Baking Cookies out here!

Tons of Demand Means = New Pricing!

Based on feedback and orders new customers pricing are as follows - (Anyone that previous bought will keep their grandfathered pricing):

__________Package__________
_________Description_________
__Pricing__
Server Speed OptimizationWe go into your Apache or NGINX settings and make the necessary updates to increase your server's speed. This usually helps increase TTFB and other aspects of speed. If possible we will enable HTTP/2 as well.
Root and SFTP/FTP access to your server is required.
$500
Website Speed OptimizationWe optimize your htacces, cache control, and other aspects to improve your speed. (does not include image optimization - that is billed separately)

SFTP/FTP and WordPress access is required.
$400
CustomCustom speed optimization - that goes above the normal WordPress install. (Billed hourly)
$100 / hour​

--

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey, are you able to work with small (~700 products) woocommerce based stores also?

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Hey, are you able to work with small (~700 products) woocommerce based stores also?
We can do server optimization to the HTTP server (apache/nginx). I wouldn't recommend changing themes or anything drastic when there are 700 products. Any site optimization or to the product pages will have to at the hourly rate - depending on what we find to be the major problem.

It could be a couple of tweaks and boom things are fast, so it depends on your current setup.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
Understood. Is Kinsta something you can work with? I would be more concerned about making server work faster, nginx. Theme etc. is already taken care of (it's shit... Elementor etc. but we do what we can to make it better...). Probably have some problems with server setup. There is some improvment, but ideas are running out..

Also, just to make sure. Will you work with database?

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
If it's a fully managed WordPress Hosting I'm not sure you are going to have access to the http server (nginx/apache) settings to make the adjustments.

If you do then perfect. To gain access we'll need SSH/root access, or enough access to make modifications and install plugins to the HTTP server then restart/reload the server several times to make sure the settings optimized for speed.

If you don't have SSH access we can't optimize your server.

What do you mean by Database? You are looking to optimize a database of some sort? What type of database is it? MYSQL I assume? That's a custom situation.

The reason we avoid Wordpress hosting companies is because they have their own "setups" that isn't really bleeding edge or best case scenario for optimizing for speed.

For example the #1 thing to do about faster TTFB is to make sure the hosting and plan has the highest Network Out bandwidth speed.

Linode has 125 MB per second ($5 a month).

Knownhost has 12 MB per second ($50 a month).

Kinsta doesn't publish what they've got.

So those scenarios are limited to the hardware, software, and the controls that the hosting provider puts in place. Knowhost is managed - understandable. Kinsta is fully managed Wordpress hosting, understandable. Linode is literally barebones - you need to know how to install apache/nginx, firewalls, and software yourself, maintain it, and fix problems yourself.

So the limitations on speed optimization is always going to come down to what's allowed and not allowed.

I'm not sure if that helps clarify the process, but we can take this to PM if you want me to take a look at the potential.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
Thank you CCarter. Yeah, let's take it to PM. Also, a lot good info here from you.