Social Media Marketing - Am I doing it wrong?

Degree
Hello,

I am trying to market on reddit and other social media platforms. I posted content that provides value to the communities. Still we only get 10 to 50 users from these posts. On reddit its even hard to post on certain subs as the rules make it nearly impossible to participate.

I was thinking to start to be even more attention grabbing as my posts are competing with existing posts in these subs.
  1. Any suggestions what you would look into when focusing on social media marketing?
  2. Any good examples of brands that I might can get inspiration on "how its done"?
Appreciate your replies!

I've only dabbled in Reddit so can't comment too much there. But I have done a lot with Facebook. The first thing that jumped out to me is that you mentioned "useful" content. On Facebook, no one gives a shit about content that's primarily about usefulness. They want entertaining content first and foremost. The entertainment is what provides value. However, if you wrap the useful content in an entertaining wrapper, then you got something that can go viral.

I think your niche will have a big impact on your ability to leak traffic to your website. Certain niches make it much easier to reach people on an emotional level, which will always lead to more attention. For example, pro "x" articles/websites will always strike a nerve with the opposite side.

Something a lot of people do is start a fight/discussion among 2+ of their own accounts which will often cause random people to jump in.

With this said, Reddit is such a pain- so glad I ditched it. Only time I'd use it would be if I had a really broad niche website with articles that could encourage debate/emotional responses. Feed the echo chamber.

Reddit is a bit tough to market on but still quite possible. Have you looked into quora as well?

Back