So fucking lost

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
It's vent time: I'm mind fucked. I have come to a point where I have literally nothing stopping me. I've been reading and programming my mind to think differently, I don't have a time sucking job, I still have an income and I have all the opportunities to make something good, but I get mentally lost.

I make tiered todo lists, I'm boxing my time, I have a few projects. I sit down to work and each time come out a few hours later overwhelmed and confused. I think I live too much in my head. A fucking million ideas around but I can't focus and nothing has materialized into more than site visitors and terrible Adsense revenue. I've worked so hard to get here and I feel more lost than ever

What's the end goal? What do I have to do to get there? What do I have to do to get THERE? What do I have to do to get to this spot so I can do the next thing, on and on. Now you've got this giant to-do list. Now it needs to be prioritized. How do you prioritize it? By speed of execution? By effectiveness of activity? Does one task have to happen before another one?

Yeah, it's overwhelming for me too. I answer the questions above and then trust my prior logic and direction. Then I can stop worrying about that stuff and start taking massive action to knock out the list. www.Trello.com is my new best friend.

I'm sure if you want to spill some of your goals and ideas, everyone can help you think through it or give you insight you didn't see before, condone or condemn some activities, etc. The road isn't walked alone at BuSo!

I guess what I struggle with is, I am committing to this fully. I've felt fear when I think about building something for myself. seems like thats a good sign of really committing. Maybe the fear is debilitating and clouding my mind. I like what you said about trusting your plans and taking massive, prioritized action. I do second guess myself.

I have a few old projects, two I am just throwing some aff links on and they sit. The 3rd is a passion project that I think has potential but I have pretty much one option to really make it, if it fails then this project will end up sitting in adsense land as well. Maybe the answer is to say fuck it, I have nothing to loose and go full steam with it and pull the trigger, having pre-accepted failure so that if I do fail, nothing is lost. Maybe by doing this I can effectively shit or get off the pot. This project might be a shit priority to be working on all together.

I can tell you all that my goal is 6 figures in the bank and 6 figures a year in a year from now. My problem is my lack of experience doesn't help me make a master plan to work back from. Whats a 6 figure website look like from the back end? I have no idea.

Most of the time when you fail, you gain far more than you lose. Also, nothing like a good, clean, uncompromised, "new game+" slate to work with.

A 6 figure website back-end? I've seen 7 and 8 figure websites on Wordpress *shrug*. Valuation is based on profit more than anything else.

What I'd do is choose one of those projects, forget the other two, and go balls to the wall at the one until you flip it or kill it. Then start on the next with your new knowledge. Failure is great. Every time I've had a solid failure, I start again on a new tier of mind and skill and vision. Been worth it every time so far.

Thanks for the words, bout to go to sleep now and tomorrow going to wake up and make the no-bullshit, do or die list for this property and attack. Hope I win, but if not you've really inspired me to fail :wink:

This morning I have gone back through (using Trello, thank you) and revamped my To-Do list for my main project. I have trimmed the fat. I had tons of items like Connect with community members for bla bla.. which wasn't helping shit. I looked long term at the 5 areas that are going to make me hit my financial goal, worked each one backwords in highly actionable focused to-dos. I have the roadmap for this project and a larger overview roadmap that the revenue from this proj is a part of.

As you both said, highly prioritized action items with a defined path and end goal. Its game on, if you need me ill be taking massive action without distractions.

Today was so radically different than yesterday - thank you again.

I made huge progress on my current project, worked out the brand name, url, set up all social channels and got my second project completely rolling today. MUCH more completed than yesterday.

Why do you work on more then one project at a time? Do you plan on flipping these projects or are they all long term?

My passion project has so much involved from a personal standpoint. It wasn't originally created with the intention to monetize the way I am trying to. I think it has potential, but it might be down the line, so yes, long term for sure.

In the immediate future I hope I can either break through with it or put it on the back burner. Either way it won't take much of my time and my now new project will be the main focus.

Am I messing up?

Back