Smokers: Whatcha Think of HNB (Heat-Not-Burn) Tech by Philip Morris Int'l?

Degree
Back Story: I'm a heavy smoker = 1 to 1.5 packs of Marlboro Reds per day. And for the past 3 months, I've cut this down to 0.3 packs / day with the help of HNB products from PMI (+5 HNB sticks per day).

This study, a colective analysis of peer-reviewed research papers by independent groups and manufacturer-funded trials, says:

QUOTE:
Compared with cigarettes, HnB delivered up to 83% of nicotine and reduced levels of harmful and potentially harmful toxicants by at least 62% and particulate matter by at least 75%; and
Experimental HnB use studies were limited to one product, reductions of human exposure to toxicants varied between 42% and 96%.
/QUOTE

:wink: But anyway, I like HNB better than e-cigs and other vape products because my favorite IQOS HNB HEET flavors (Bronze and Yellow here in Asia) taste really good.
• Bronze = Taste profile for me is a combination of caramel, milder-than-Marlboro-Red tobacco and nutty. Aroma is freshly brewed black coffee, or at least that's what my wife says (my olfactory nerves have deteriorated since the incident that also caused my permanent blindness); and
• Yellow = Combination of milder-than-Marlboro-Gold and hints of sour citrus. Aroma is brewed coffee with a touch of freshly squeezed orange juice.

Whatcha think? Have you tried HNBs? Which flavors?

had never even heard of it until this thread

but I'm a cigar smoker myself - only 1 a month or so

So basically a vape, but with a different term..

Burning is the best part of smoking. I smoked cigarettes for 14 years, quit using a vape for a few months, then forever haven't looked back or touched any tobacco or nicotine. Cigars are temping though. I'd smoke if the health benefits weren't so terrible, the smell wasn't awful, and the addiction wasn't so stupid. But that's pretty much all smoking is.

[SNIP]So basically a vape, but with a different term..[/SNIP]

Not exactly. Otherwise, I'd like vape products as much as I like HNBs. :wink:
In vape, flavor oil derived from tobacco and liquid nicontine are vaporized.
—> In HNBs, actual tobacco is heated.

[SNIP]Burning is the best part of smoking.[/SNIP]

When I tried vape, I shared the same sentiment. :wink:
But after using HNBs, I now consider burning as the bad thing in tobacco smoking. :D

[SNIP]I'd smoke if the health benefits weren't so terrible, the smell wasn't awful, and the addiction wasn't so stupid. But that's pretty much all smoking is.[/SNIP]

I agree. Except the stupid part though. :wink:
First of all, I think addiction to anything wouldn't be good.
But I guess addicts like me would likely benefit from all the help we can get to try and kick the bad habit.
So I support products, therapies and research initiatives designed or at least aim to cure, treat, or even lessen the bad effects of our addictions.
—> After all, any arbitrary addiction that's quick and easy to kick for someone doesn't mean it's as quick and easy for the next person to do the same thing. :D

Just sayin'. :wink:

I remember reading somewhere that it's more-or-less as harmful as smoking, so not like a harmless alternative or anything. Sounds like they're working great for you though, I could never smoke only 5 of those sticks per day if I had the whole pack on me lol.

My ex was smoking them, and got me addicted as well. I'm now vaping and preparing to go full clean & throw away the device. Doing a set of controlled squats to failure in the gym is the best motivation - I was coughing my lungs out even though it's not real tobacco I'm smoking.

Back