Skimlinks

Prentzz

BuSo Pro
Degree
I know that Conde Nast, Hearst and some of the other biggest players have been using Skimlinks for years. I've never jumped on the bandwagon out of fear of it falling through, shaving and the % that they take.

It seems that they take 25% of the commission, leaving you the other 75%.

Has anybody had any serious experience with them? I'd love to hear some feedback on whether people thought the commission cut was worth it.

It seems to just be a convenience thing, but I presume there's also some programs that you might not get approved for if you went direct.

They do take 25% but you are getting paid a higher commission rate than if you went direct and didn't negotiate a higher rate.

I have never had a problem with them "falling through" on anything. I also don't think shaving is an issue. It could be, but it's a risk we all take with any network.

I'm interested in hearing how anyone is doing with this program. I've been on the internet forever and this is probably the type of ad that I'm most blind to, partially because I know it's invasive. But I know I'm not the average user either, and if it's targeted or if you have millions of monthly pageviews it could do well. Anyone?

Have a second look at the skimlinks product @Samwise89 . It's not intrusive at all. You basically link to another webpage and skimlinks will turn that into an affiliate link for you if there is a relevant affiliate program.

I was thinking of InfoLinks, actually. Their "InText" option where you get a pop-up box when a mouse hovers a link...

infolinks+ads.png

Those are the ones I'm blind to and actively ignore, especially with the double underline on the links.

Skimlinks sounds alright to me. Another network like Commission Junction, basically?

Back