Signed up 6 years ago and ready to join the talk

Timmy22

BuSo Pro
Like it says, I joined at the end of 2014 and never posted. I wasn't new to the industry but still had a day job I was fighting to leave. That happened in 2017 and now my portfolio of sites feeds my family and keeps a roof over our heads. I'm ready to go from low six figures a year to mid six figures and beyond.

I earn my living through SEO but my tactics have changed. I started with Adsense and still have some sites kicking around with them through Ezoic. I have a few Amazon sites too in the same niche and want to launch a product to replace some of the best sellers and start new, smaller niche sites around the product niche.

I learned much here and want to be able to ask my own questions, give answers, and chat in general. I don't know anyone else in real life doing this, and YouTube isn't interactive. Here's to another 6 years.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Back when all traffic was desktop traffic and you could split test Adsense block placements to maximize click through ratings, it was a gold mine. Now with most of traffic in most niches being mobile, those opportunities are kind of lost, it seems.

When I originally went full time in 2012 I think, it was with Adsense sites, too. I did the Amazon thing too. Nowadays, all I really care about is having Authority Sites with broad verticals and tons of monetization options. Because then you can pivot however you need to while maintaining the same project. I definitely don't like having handfuls of projects any more. I went from having 30 at most in the past to having as many as you can count on one hand. The trouble is casting enough nets to find the ones worthy of all of your attention.

Glad you decided to join the conversation, @Timmy22.

Timmy22

BuSo Pro
I'm only maintaining 4 Adsense sites now. One makes about $1,500 a month. The others range from $100 to $300. I keep them around because I like to tell myself that "the big one pays for my mortgage, that one pays for our cell phones, that one pays for the power bill" and so on. I don't update them at all and they keep earning so why sell them, but I know it won't last forever.

I wonder how much less money Google makes from Adsense on other webmaster's sites now compared to the 2010 era. I'd wager it's 50% even.