Show off your Pingdom test results!

YG5CijE.png

This is my best site, but I have to admit that it's just HTML and inline CSS with a ton of very small pictures. That should give you a clue to what the site is about. My other sites load a lot slower and I have no clue what to do about it. I need to optimize the images on the one above, it might go even faster. But it's going to slow down big time once I add some ads to it. Those are always so slow.

YG5CijE.png

This is my best site, but I have to admit that it's just HTML and inline CSS with a ton of very small pictures. That should give you a clue to what the site is about. My other sites load a lot slower and I have no clue what to do about it. I need to optimize the images on the one above, it might go even faster. But it's going to slow down big time once I add some ads to it. Those are always so slow.

What type of hosting are you using for this site? That's usually a pretty easy way to get some pagespeed gains when you've already done everything you can re: images, optimizing code, etc.

That is a typical shared hosting account, believe it or not. It's just the the site and page is so slim. It might even get faster if I wasn't using a big splash image above the fold and some other images as the page goes on. I might be able to crunch the images more too. It's still a pretty big page size for being quite bare.

Hjaxk3X.png

Not too shabby for a forum! :D (not my site, just being cheeky!)

Damn, some of you guy's http requests are way too high... Do you guys even Ping...
Look mom, NO CDN (serpwoo):

Screen_Shot_2014_09_25_at_10_53_25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_09_25_at_10_52.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_09_25_at_10_57_13_PM.png

boss.jpg

MFTPWq4.png

Last edited:
Seeing as Im the ConversionKing, I feel obligated to mention a factoid I read one day.

I remember reading that for some fraction of loading time that Amazon was slower on a particular day, it costed them on the order of millions of dollars as people abandoned their carts or moved to different tabs or whatever. The more traffic you have, the more it matters. But even for your own small funnel, you can increase conversions by a fraction of a percent and over time it will add up. If it's a high priced product, it can make a huge difference.

Never seen 100/100 that insane..

I had to do it one more time, just in case for the non-believers:

one_more_time.jpg

^^ latest side project - CDN not turned on yet, and it's on a slow shared test environment. Once project goes live on it's own server and i turn on the CDN, thing should be flying...

XBynbQU.gif

@CCarter you are faster than lightning!!

I seem to recall reading one of your posts a while back about how you kept your sites speedy. Perhaps a re-post in the BuSo? I remember a fair few of your tips, have made a few moves to speed things up but can't TOUCH what you are doing!

I had to do it one more time, just in case for the non-believers:

one_more_time.jpg

^^ latest side project - CDN not turned on yet, and it's on a slow shared test environment. Once project goes live on it's own server and i turn on the CDN, thing should be flying...
Haha, Dude says "Once project goes live on it's own server and i turn on the CDN, thing should be flying" When currently running 100/100 with 986ms load time.

SSD hosting and no cdn yet either - Using a Flat file CMS, im sure at least one of you can guess what it is *Cough Ccarter *Cough Cough- html form on home page already generating leads

speedtest.jpg

I clearly have some work to do...
speedtest.jpg

Based on webpagetest.org my first byte time is abysmal.
And so many requests!!!

Gotta figure that out.

Yikes! Get those requests down and those scores should skyrocket! Combine JS, CSS files (I usually manually try to combine CSS and javascript files to avoid the need to use another plugin, etc) and combine Icons and logos into 1 Image Sprites and align w/ CSS. That will help a lot with speed.

Good LUCK!

N2yP5Kk.jpg

While it's not 100/100, the only thing I am paying for is the domain. I'm using Heroku + Cloudflare to host it for free.

I went the lazy plugin route to minify, optimize, and a cache plugin. Different times of day seem to give different results... and my actual grade went down. I still see too many requests and am not "leveraging browser caching" well at all...but still enjoying the load time!

OJCb5Vn.jpg

Straight after migrating to new old host. No caching, no CDN, shared hosting.
OK so far, will be nice with a bit of optimizing.

This is actually the host I moved away from after years without any troubles because everyone was complaining about them, and I believed it for some reason.

I spent the last year with nothing but hosting issues, from several places. Bought back in with Black Friday deal.

Anyone care to guess which company?

::emp::

Back