SERPwoo sightings

Degree
Hello guys,

I'm wondering what the reasoning is behind the obvious spike on November 10th of all sorts of domains for the keyword "apple" in google.com...

See my screenshot on http://pbrd.co/13vh730

Any thoughts?

Apple.com's sitelinks disappeared for that moment. Could be a number of reasons - Google testing something out for Apple - some new type of Google Ads, OR Apple's site was unresolvable for Google for a moment, OR Apple updating their site and brought something down.

What's interesting is the overall total URLs for that day is 16, which is un-usual, so "something" was there which was taking up space, if I were to guess. Using the default filter of "URLs ranking on Focus Date", all the blank areas are urls that aren't there on that date, all those urls are sitelinks for Apple.com.

Screen_Shot_2014_12_16_at_7_01_33_PM.png

What's noteworthy is "Beats By Dre" also saw that same spike...

Screen_Shot_2014_12_16_at_7_08_17_PM.png

Beats By Dre being owned by Apple - the spikes could definitely be related. I checked other brands and didn't see any spikes on that specific day anywhere else. Beats also saw a reduction of overall links on the first two pages as well, only 15 results.

I love serpwoo. The missing peice of the puzzle for seos... great for clients too.

Just pigging backing off CCarters comment. Probably just Apple devs working on the site.

Wow, SERPwoo is amazing! I want to try it as well.
How can I find the right keywords to track? I've read somewhere that you can track 100 keywords at the same time using that. Is that correct?

@Premier Super Beta accounts start at 60 keywords, then are upgraded to 500 keywords after 24 hours. But those Super Beta accounts are coming to an end very very soon - once as we get out of beta with the new tiered pricing.

You should be tracking keywords you want to rank for and watch the competition for OR your keywords for your ORM (Online Reputation Management) - for your own name or brand. So when something enters the top 20 for your name, company brand, or whatever you are tracking you'll get an immediate alert for this (coming online soon).

You can use www.KeywordShitter.com to get some basic google suggestions on related keywords but I would also try www.KWFinder.com pull keywords with good volume, CPC, and competition. Those are the keywords where you'll have the best competition to reverse engineer their stats - so you can pull their backlinks and see what they are up to, then duplicate those efforts - But also track long-tail keywords with volume so you can see what's going on within the weaker end of the spectrum. That way if you see they have relatively low backlinks or weak DA/PA, you can take over with some simple aggressive backlinking.

There are a ton of ways to input the right keywords, it'll just depend on your strategy for ranking - if black, gray, or white hat - and whether you want to be in that niche for the long or short term.

Back