Software SERPWoo - SERP Omnipresence - 20% Bonus

CCarter

If they cease to believe in u, do u even exist?
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Over 200 NEW Analysis Done In Under 24 Hours!

The new class of testers have generated over 200 analysis in less than 24 hours.

AND they've already jumped in with the optimization.

By The Way - The Beta Test is opened to FREE users as well. That's correct.

I've had dozens up dozens of conversations already with the testers and we've gotten great feedback which will help the end product.

So How Important Really Is On-Page SEO?

Even quick and minor adjustments can see sky rocketing results:

Quick wins can be yours too!

If you are interested in Beta Testing our On-Page Analysis Tool contact us within the In-App messaging system and we'll get you a bonus code that enables the tool within your account.

For some more info on the tool: SERPWoo's On-Page Analysis Tool

--

We are working on the reported bugs recently found, we'll be making an announcement soon.

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
The 1% Problem + Beta Testing Results

Hey WooNation!

We've had a ton of feedback on the beta test for the new On-Page SEO Analysis tool.

We've digested the feedback over the last several days and have already begun making updates. Some of the updates are already live.

And for A LOT of the beta testers, they've already seen results in less than 24 hours of implementation!

We still need more beta testers!

Lets get down to brass tasks:

The 1%, always a problem. This bug was unique since it only appeared when a brand new keyword was entered into SERPWoo. If a user then immediately went to Zora and attempted to pull an Analysis the bug would get stuck since Zora pulls from the SERP data which SERPWoo crawls. Brand new keywords can sometimes take up to 10 mins to get crawled, so an immediate pull hung the system.

That's been fixed and anyone that had a 1% bug problem should be able to go in and see their new analysis ready. The system now re-checks every 15 minutes to see if the keyword's SERP data is available yet.

The 80% bug = That's being worked on.

Improvements

1. Customize Columns: You can now hide and show certain columns which aren't necessary. Go into the "Config" tab and on the left-hand side you'll see new options. We hid some of the items that were causing the most confusion by default.

2. Floating Header: You can now stop the floating header from floating, again from the "Config" tab.

3. Better Filtering: The distinction of what is filtered is now color coordinated.

--

Results So Far...

"Well holy s*** Carter, you know that page I did the update on - that was doing $54k in organic traffic via Ahrefs.com? [..] It gained $30k in traffic ... jumping to $84k for the page and $107k for the site." - Beta Tester

If you are interested in Beta Testing our On-Page SEO Analysis tool contact us within the In-App messaging system and we'll get you a bonus code that enables the tool within your account.

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Jason here.

Recently, a friend of mine needed help to rank a brand new website on Google for their B2B service.

Not one to shy away from a challenge, I decided it would also be a good series to put on SERPWoo as well. A series to help to show you what it takes to get a new domain and site prepped and setup for ranking in Google.

While I can't out their domain, keywords, or niche ( come on, that would be a death blow to them ).. I will be showing you all the processes and screenshots that it involves over the series.

Many things I show you will be simple and easy. Maybe even too simple for some of you advanced folks.

A few things will be advanced and probably shouldn't be outed. I'm debating if I should even show them to the general public.

However, the idea will be to show you the thinking process, decision making skills, and carefully considered choices made that takes a basic idea and turns it into a ranking website that generates money and traffic.

So How Much Time Does This Take?

Since this is a side project for me helping my friend, I am not working on it full-time every day. Many weeks I didn't work on the project at all. So results will be typical for someone who is doing this as a non-critical focus with very little time or money.

All in all, I have worked on this project for 6 months total so the first 4-6 posts in this series will be written rather quickly, while posts after that will come every month or so as we play out the series in real-time.

While this image can not explain certain promotions or tactics I used, I'm going to post it here as a reference so you can see the ups and downs from the beginning of this project.

Show Us Some Data!
While the above image shows data for ALL the keywords in our Google Search Console, there are really only 3 keywords we really want to rank for.

Here is how that data looks.

Keyword #1:

Keyword #2:

Keyword #3:

While many of you might laugh at this, I think it's not too bad considering:
  • This is a brand new domain that does not contain the keywords we want to rank for.

• Part-time focus and work. Many weeks of no touch.

• Competitors are very well known and established.

• Almost zero links built to the website.
    • Of the links that do exist, they all go to the homepage with brand anchors.

• Only 7 pages of content.
    • And this content is less than 1,000 words total ( all 7 pages ) for the whole website.

So with very little work, 2 of our top terms are sitting on the 2nd page of Google. Our 3rd top term is on the 4th page. We have a ton of long tail terms bouncing all around.

And we haven't really written any content yet or built any serious backlinks either.

It's all on a vanilla WordPress install ( no plugins ) with a really poor and un-optimized theme.

I finally installed the first plugin on May 4th ( 2 days ago ). It was Yoast.. so I helped my friend all this time without any SEO plugins.

So, is this a series you would like to see started and updated?

At this point, a little work in content and backlinks is more than enough to push our 3 top terms to page 1 results.

My friend isn't looking to overtake positions #1-3, he just wants to sit next to the big brands and build up his brand exposure and trickle away their users with a better value and experience for now before he tries to overtake them later.

This also helps to have reviewers and reporters find us, talk about us, and build links to us from their review sites ( natural backlinks ).

Let me know your thoughts by emailing us back if this is something that interests you and if I should do the series.

--

To the top of the SERPs,

Jason & Carter

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
SERPWoo's Keyword Finder Wins Against 8 Popular Competitors

Hey WooNation,

Jason here.

Have you experienced our Keyword Finder tool yet?

I mean, really dived deep into it?

Years ago I had a lot of problems getting keyword information from various tools on the internet, including Google itself.

Keywords that I knew were related to terms I was searching weren't showing up in various tools, and I wanted to find one that would show the terms I was interested in and save me time doing SEO research.

But no tool could provide me the data I was looking for.

See, I was doing a lot of optimizations for the higher education niche and I knew certain terms were related to each other. Like Kinesiology being related to Exercise Science.

However, no SEO keyword tool would bring back Kinesiology terms when I researched Exercise Science keywords.

Not even Google would.

That very day, SERPWoo's Keyword Finder tool got built to handle such deep research.

But why is this important?

Well, wouldn't you like to get all the information you needed in one search?

All the related keywords, LSI, and terms similar to what you are looking for?

You know, to make your content topical and well rounded with terms people normally use in searching for content ranked on Google?

Our "Exercise Science Degree" keyword returned 1,443 keywords highly related to our original term.

Our Keyword Finder was able to pull terms such as:
  • kinesiologist degree
  • kinesiology bachelors degree
  • kinesiology degree online
  • and many more kinesiology terms.
Finally, a tool that can bring back more than just alternate and appended spellings of just my original term. Something that actually brings back keywords that are related and similar to my original input.

But wait, don't other tools do this now?

Not really. Let me show you what I mean.

Let's look at a few other competitors and where they fall short.

1. This competitor only returned 194 total terms, none of which contained our 3 sample Kinesiology terms above.

Even if we signed up for their PRO plan we might get 2x more of the 194 returned, still leaving us with less than 400 terms. That's 1,043 fewer terms than SERPWoo.

Those results leave us missing out on a lot of data we may need when we research niches, ranking terms, and content.

Score:
  • Terms Returned ( Compared to SERPWoo ): -1
  • Sample Related Terms Returned: -1

2. Another competitor ( below ) returned back 610 total keywords.

Of note, it seemed like it was still running when I finally had to cut it off. It was stuck at 610 keywords for 10 minutes so I finally stopped it manually.

It also did not contain our sample Kinesiology terms after 10 minutes of waiting and not budging from 610 terms.. which is still 833 less keywords than SERPWoo.

I ran it several more times just in case it errored out on my first try, but it never did more than 610 keywords on following runs later.

Their sister service only returned 393 terms...

That leaves a lot to be desired in terms of complete keyword research we may need when we research niches, ranking terms, and content.

Score:

3. Searching for more tools, we come across a well-regarded face to SEO. I remember when this guy had hair.

While the tool was fast, it only returned 676 results. Meaning we are missing a lot of possible data if we used this for our keyword research.

We also never found our sample Kinesiology terms which would be important if we wanted related data.

Score:

4. The below tool returned 158 terms on a shallow search and 0 on a deep search. Maybe the tool was broke when I tried, but even the shallow searched returned ZERO Kinesiology terms.

I had to stop it after 9 minutes. It just kept spinning the cog and I felt close to 10 minutes was enough time to run.

I did try a few more times and was able to get it to complete at 167 terms, but again none of them were Kinesiology terms

Even at 167 terms, that's a lot less than SERPWoo's 1,443 total terms.

I will admit I ran it as a shallow search. Maybe shallow means less results. I just could never get the deep search to work.

By default, I have to assume it's broken or returns less than SERPWoo based on the shallow results.

Score:

5. The below competitor only returned 56 results.

I will say the displayed results were limited, but they were limited to only showing 10 results without logging in and having an account.

So I firmly believe that they only had 56 results and the chances of those containing Kinesiology terms ( see ours above ) would be super low. It wouldn't let me see results 11 to 56/

Again, I didn't create an account to remove the limits. However at 56 compared to SERPWoo's 1,443, it is rather low and missing out on a lot of data.

Score:

6. This competitor limited to only showing me 25 total terms on a free run.

So I couldn't tell how many total terms it would have returned.

However, I did try their filter option and tried "Kinesiology" as a filter and it returned back that they had 0 results for that term.

If I pretend they would have had more than 1,443 terms, they didn't report back they have Kinesiology terms. In this test, I have to mark down it's a failure compared to SERPWoo.

Score:

Wow, a breath of fresh air finally!

7. This competitor returned back 1,000 results.

While a nice round number like that seems odd, more than likely they cut off the results they gave me. I was signed in, so I would assume if they had more than 1,000 they would have showed it to me.

Still, that's a lot closer to SERPWoo's 1,443 results even though it is 443 less terms.

And when I did a filter for "Kinesiology", I got 120 terms back in that returned result. HOWEVER, none of those "Kinesiology" results matched our sample terms from the beginning of this article.

Close on the number of results returned, but not showing the Kinesiology terms we should have gotten back.

Score:

8. About the only competitor that really came close was this one:

They returned 2,751 keywords which is 1,300+ more than SERPWoo returned.

Damn. We need to up our game.. MAYBE.

A lot of the results I had to question. I mean, is this really something I can use?

Not trying to complain, but these are kind of horrible to be used as keywords in anyone's research. And these were some of the first 50 results this tool returned.

So while they did return more keywords than SERPWoo, the results contain data that seems unusable.

They did have Kinesiology terms, BUT ONLY 1 of them contained our sample Kinesiology terms from above.

This competitor calls their keyword tool "industry-leading", but how can that be if they have terms with garbage characters and are missing important related terms?

While I do not have concrete data, I have to assume this is data from a clickstream provider. Possibly JumpShot who was selling user data from Avast Antivirus before closing down. Read here for more info on JumpShot. Again, I don't know so don't quote me on that one. The data just looks like clickstream.

Score:
  • Terms Returned ( Compared to SERPWoo ): 0.5 due to quality

Looks like SERPWoo is coming in 2nd to none when it comes to keyword research.

I'm not sure why so many online "guru" reviews skip over SERPWoo and our tools year after year. It's almost like us perfecting keyword research years ago means nothing to many of them.

None of the larger well funded SaaS competitors can come close to our results, and many of the scrappy young start-ups don't seem to offer a UVP against us when it comes to one of the basics of SEO.. keyword research.

And while many of these tools offer fancy and exclusive metrics with their results, you gotta ask yourself what are you missing if they can't even get the right keywords back to you?

Shouldn't that be the first thing they get right?

Do they even SEO in the first place?

Having all the data upfront should be the highest priority. What good is knowing CPC and competition metrics, if you don't know all the keywords you could be ranking and researching?

You don't always know what these tools aren't showing you to do a 2nd or 3rd run for more terms.

Especially when a lot of these tools want to charge you $69, $99, $179, and even $249 a month for less results and incomplete data from their suite of tools.

SERPWoo can give more accurate results starting at just $49 a month. Our Keyword Finder tool gives you industry-leading results for a fraction of the cost of everyone else.

Check it out today if you haven't.

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on this subject!

--

To the top of the SERPs,
Jason & Carter

Last edited:

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Using Global Stats To Understand SEO Algo Changes

Hey WooNation!

Jason here.

Have you checked out our Global Stats feature in SERPWoo?

It can help provide a wealth of information about the current state of SEO.

I want to show you how you can use Global Stats to understand what is going on with Google so you can make the right decisions when it comes time to audit your site and research your competitors.

When you first load our Global Stats, you will encounter an image like this below:

You can look at our Global Stats per day for up to 1 year.

However, I like to view the last 28 days ( red arrow ). The drop down will allow you to select different ranges of days.

So why is that important?

Well, if I want to see updates, algo changes, or major events in going on with Google SERPs, I can build a timeline AND a baseline of the events.

Just by eyeballing the last 28 days above, I can see an average that most of the bars are below the 15 Y-axis line ( green arrow ). Any bars that hit 15 or above, are major changes I should look into potentially.

So if I know my website took a hit in rankings ( from using our SERP tracking services ) on April 23rd, 24th, or 25th.. I can see that a lot of SERPs shuffled and got hit on those same dates ( yellow arrow ).

I know now it's not my site personally, or a penalty that hit me on my specific keywords. It's a major shift in rankings and SERPs across all of Google.

Whew.. At least I know I don't need to break out ScreamingFrog and do a deep dive on my site now.

And what about times like May 5th, 6th and 7th ( blue arrows )?

We know these are Google Core updates per Google directly.

But many times Google does not confirm updates or admit to algo changes.

As we see here, there was no confirmation at the end of March.

Other similar tools also picked up changes on this date. Algoroo and MozCast picked them up, but Google did not confirm an update.

Using our Global Stats could have helped you notice changes outside of your control when SERPs are shuffling around. You could have jump right in and took the correct actions as needed.

Here are some examples where this might help you personally with a website you are trying to improve.

• You have a website you want to improve. It's been on the second page of Google for months. You decide to run an Onsite Audit with our powerful Zora toolof your site compared to your competitors to determine what you need to improve. However, if it's March 31st, April 24th or May 6th.. it might be a bad time to run such an analysis as everything is in flux on those dates ( possible Google updates ).
    • A better time to run such an analysis might be right after an update, so that you get accurate and current data that you can use.
  • A client's website tanks from the first page to the 3rd page. You are not sure what is wrong. Could it be a penalty, an algo update, or something else? You could check here first and notice that all the bars for the last few days are below 15 ( or your baseline ), so it must be something specific with your site and keyword since entire SERPs are not shifting.
  • You hired an SEO "guru" and they promised to move you up in rankings. However, you are unsure if they can actually do it. Your website jumps from the 3rd page to the 1at page and you assume their work helped. But you check here and realize there has been a major shuffling in the SERPs ( like on May 5th ) and that maybe their work wasn't what helped you rank after all.
These are just a few examples that can help show how having a baseline will help you with your specific keywords and website rankings.

This type of information can help direct you to making the right decisions on what to improve and what to change.

But our Global Stats doesn't stop there.

We add in breakdowns that other similar tools do not provide to help you further understand this data.

You can view breakdowns of what is happening in other countries and compare them to one another.

Maybe something is hitting SERPs in Brazil, but not Japan.

Maybe Globally things are shifting, but it hasn't hit Spain yet.

We even break down:

1. Local
  2. Non-local
  3. Mobile
  4. Desktop
  5. Monthly Search Volumes ( under 100 and up to 1M+ )
Notice how the recent Google Core update ( May 5th, 6th, 7th ) doesn't seem to have impacted keywords with search volumes over 1M+

But it did on keywords with search volumes of 50,000 and below...

Could it be that large brands are not getting impacted in this update? Maybe only longer tail keywords are getting hit? There is still some more digging we need to do, but at least we know where to dig now potentially.

And no other tool is giving you this type of insight.

And that's exactly why a tool like SERPWoo was invented, to give you insight into metrics no other SEO provided you for decades.

See, we do these calculations across our entire keyword universe.

Most other similar tools only do a small subset of their data. 10,000 keywords, or only keywords in a certain country.

Most also update the next day or once a day.

SERPWoo updates multiple times a day across every single keyword, which totals in the millions.

And then we break it down into different sections for you automatically so you can not only spot the update, but where that update is impacting.

I generally try to check out our Global Stats every day to spot hidden and un-named algo updates so I can be prepared if my websites drop or rankings change.

I also back this up with each keyword I am tracking within SERPWoo at the individual keyword Volatility level.

This is a keyword I am tracking in SERPWoo.

I can tell that while Global Stats is showing high shifting on May 7th ( today, as of this writing ), this specific keyword's SERPs have calmed down as of May 7th. Meaning I can probably expect this keyword to have settled some at least.

My client or boss will be happy to know that and see this now.

And if I want to see what the shake up was all about so I can learn from it all, I just need to look at the SERP Tracking for this same keyword and see what moved that might interest me.

Here is something I found really telling ..

Prevention.com moved up from the 2nd page of Google ( 13th ) to 5th after the Google Core Update.

I know exactly who to analyze now, for my specific keyword, to find out what Google is rewarding after this Core Update.

And if I am monitoring multiple keywords in the same niche at SERPWoo, I can do this same thing across all keywords and figure out what it takes to "rank in my niche" at this very moment.

It's a win-win for me and my clients/business.

So, are you ready to check out our Global Stats today? Log in and let us know what you think.

P.S.

We build tools to help you win at SEO. To make more revenue and to win more clients.

We want you to use SERPWoo to level up your digital marketing efforts.

That's why we build the best tools on the market for serious players.

--

To the top of the SERPs,

Jason & Carter

Degree
Just wanted to say big ups to this tool.

I've been using Mangotools for a long while for serpwatcher (tracking) and kwfinder (keyword research). I recently paid for semrush to do more of a deep dive for keywords. From time to time I also have to pay for POP (has become worse over time imo) and/or surfer (super limited for entry level plans) in the event that I need to do a bunch of on-page analysis at once.

Needless to say it gets rather inconvenient having to use like four tools and then having to pay an excess of $200/month to just have access to all those tools. If you opt for alternatives like Ahrefs the price then increases exponentially.

Then after all that, you then evaluate them and realize that SERPWoo has all their features and does them all better while being more affordable:

SERPWoo's tracker is really solid and provides a lot more meaningful data. Not to mention you pay a lot less on a per keyword basis (thanks for the 20% bonus).

The keyword research functionality is really solid. I'm noticing a lot more targets than other tools. Jason's recent blog post about the 8 other tools had me intrigued which is another reason I decided to jump ship. Turns out he was right, so hats off.

Although I will note, I'm not a huge fan of "sliders" being used to modify data ranges, i'd much rather have a way to input a specific range vs attempting to slide at that range, similar to how Semrush does it:

[please embed images rather than linking to temporary URLs]

Granted in the grand scheme of things, it's not like these minute differences would matter but being able to input to say 50 - 250 searches would be beneficial for folks who like to target KGR keywords.

ZORA is really really solid. I've used most of the tools out there for on-page: POP, Surfer, CORA, and Website Auditor for TF ; IDF. The number of factors/signals/and the number of URLs being used for analysis reminds me a lot of how CORA works but unlike CORA, ZORA actually provides actionable advice as to what to do and change. It's been a while since I've used CORA but 2 years ago it felt like I was Nicholas Cage in National Treasure trying to decipher what I actually needed to do.

Just a quick testimonial for ZORA: I was given Beta access by @CCarter yesterday and made most of the "very good" changes in Header Elements and also edited media elements that I had 0/14 factors for. I managed to move from 19th to 7th in 24 hours of indexing the page.

I've been making notes during use for factors/functions that would be nice to see. I'll be sure to send those over soon @eliquid and @CCarter.

Thanks again for Making SERPWoo a thing. Just based on the past like 36 hours of using it, i'll likely be a client for life.

Last edited by a moderator:

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Granted in the grand scheme of things, it's not like these minute differences would matter but being able to input to say 50 - 250 searches would be beneficial for folks who like to target KGR keywords.
The Keyword Finder's slider is being upgraded in the next iteration of the tool. It's on version 3.0. By 4 we'll be axing the slider and allowing inputs. We've gotten this same feedback a lot. so thank you for reiterating it.

Then after all that, you then evaluate them and realize that SERPWoo has all their features and does them all better while being more affordable:

Just a quick testimonial for ZORA: I was given Beta access by @CCarter yesterday and made most of the "very good" changes in Header Elements and also edited media elements that I had 0/14 factors for. I managed to move from 19th to 7th in 24 hours of indexing the page.

Thanks again for Making SERPWoo a thing. Just based on the past like 36 hours of using it, i'll likely be a client for life.

Thank @thisishatred - We appreciate your compliments!

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Easy Step By Step Guide For SEO Prospecting

It's always difficult to gain new customers, especially during "slightly" downward trending times like now. But we've got a unique way of fishing for clients, high-end clients, high-profit clients, the Glengarry Glen Ross type of clients that are begging you to help them.

In this guide we'll show you how to find the impact zone:

We'll also show you how to find the biggest losers:

We also talk about getting some quick wins using the beta On-Page SEO Analysis tool we launched:

Let's get started: Finding New SEO Clients After A Google Update

If you have not started beta testing Zora yet we are still looking for more test users! Message us with the In-App messenger for details!

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Ranking A New Site From Scratch, Days 1-30

Hey WooNation!

Jason here.

Coming off our intro post here, I want to dive into what has taken place the first 30 days helping my friend with their site and what has been done.

Let us break down some general notes real quick...
  • The website is a service, based on a B2B need.
  • The domain is brand new and does not contain the keywords my friend wants to rank for.
  • Hosting was set up at a cloud VPS provider ( Linode, Digital Ocean, etc ) on the 2nd smallest plan they offer.
  • The site and runs on WordPress. No plugins were installed. Just a default vanilla WordPress install.
  • The theme was nothing special. A free 2-column theme that had no SEO or speed focus.
  • The server is running Apache which is slower than Nginx
  • Only 7 pages were built on the public-facing website. Of those 7 pages, there are less than 1,000 words of content TOTAL ( all 7 pages added up )
  • We didn't really even have the keywords we wanted to rank for picked out.
    • We had an idea, but no solid agreement or list at this point.

So why do I bring all this up?

Because we were really shooting in the dark and throwing stuff against the wall.

We didn't have keywords picked out. We didn't have content. We didn't even have a super-duper fancy theme, CMS, or plugins.

We didn't have some aged domain with tons of links ( it was brand new ). The domain didn't even contain our keywords since we didn't even know them.

So what did we have?

We had a lot of research into what we thought would be all of his competitors. I say "thought" because it was really a list of 7 major competitors and not an exhaustive list of every single competitor.

And these competitors are really big, huge companies. Internationally known and sizable budgets.

From that research, we had notes like their prices, terms, policies, UX, functionality, what people liked and disliked about their product ( from reviews on Reddit and other sources ), and the major keywords the competitors ranked for ( 2-3 keywords per competitor ).

Notice I didn't have SEO research.

I didn't run on-site audits, get long tails, examine backlinks, or anything remotely close to SEO research.

The first 30 days.

Just about nothing SEO related happened in the first 30 days.

Sorry to disappoint you.

But is that really a bad thing?

I was able to get to the 2nd page of my top keywords in less than 6 months of starting this project. Considering the first 30 days I did nothing for SEO, I really did it in less than 5 months for 2 of my 3 keywords.

Let's look at what I posted below from my intro post:

Keyword #1:

Keyword #2:

Keyword #3:

So two of our major focus keywords on page 2 and one keyword on page 3. All data showing up to May 4th.

What about from May 4th until May 15, the day I wrote this article?

Keyword #1:

Keyword #2:

Keyword #3:

Two keywords moved up, and one dropped a little. One of the keywords is potentially about to rank on page 1.

Not bad for 5 months of part-time side work.

And all this happened on a new site/domain during the Google Core Update that started on May 5th.

OK, so what was done to the website for the first 30 days?

Let me break it down.
  1. Bought domain, directed it to the VPS server
  2. Installed WordPress and 2-column theme
  3. Installed member login system and payment system ( think DAP, Member Mouse, Amember, Optimize Member, WishList, etc )
  4. Developed 7 pages for the website ( home page content, F.A.Q page content, About Us page, Contact Us page, etc ). The total content for the site came to less than 1,000 words for the entire site.
  5. Set up Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
  6. Set up Google Adwords account ( not SEO related, but thought I would throw it in ).
  7. Set up Mixpanel and HEAP Analytics. I was more curious than anything to find a reason to use these services. These probably slowed down my website more than anything.
And that was it.

No SEO editing ( schema ), no SEO plugins ( like Yoast ), no link building, and no optimized content.

Slow server and slow theme. Take a look at this for Page Speed Insights:

And here are a couple more from other tools:

While not great scores, they're also not terrible. I would say it's mediocre when it comes to overall speed. For sure things could be improved to help us potentially rank better.

I did have to spend some time messing around and testing things with WordPress and the member login system. But that isn't really SEO worthy. It's just technical issues getting the 2 parts to work together.

At this point, we had not narrowed down our keywords yet. So nothing was really designed for the Title tag, or H1's or anything else.

All of this work was done in the first 7 days. The other 23 days I did nothing at all.

Seriously.

My friend did some work of course. But it wasn't SEO worthy.

Work such as, coming up with the pricing plans he wanted and testing out the site. Setting up his merchant account and other business-related stuff like his LLC and phone number...

Again, nothing that would impact SEO or this series.

How the content is set up.

The seven pages of content on the site are included in a navigational section of the site ( think header or footer section ). All pages link to each other in only this way. There is no siloed content or trickery with URLs/structure.

None of the seven pages contain the main keywords in their link anchor for the above navigational links.

Each page has an H1, but no other heading tags. None of the H1s contain our 3 main keywords on any of the seven pages.

Only 2 images on the site. No PDFs or Infographics or videos.

Some use of ordered and unordered lists, but most of the content is just wrapped in P tags.

Very little use of STRONG or BOLD at this point.

No outbound links on any pages.

No meta tags and no schema info on any page of the site.

Conclusion

SEO doesn't have to be hard.

You don't have to stress out that you need a perfect plan upfront or that you need to "hurry up" and beat some time clock.

You also don't need to have everything ready before you start. We started out with essentially no SEO plan at all.

I worked on this part-time as a side project. Many times not touching the site for weeks at a time.

You also don't need a lot of money. The total budget for this project ( SEO budget ) for the first 30 days: $0

Next step

Stay tuned for days 31-60 where I get some initial backlinks pushing the product on directory sites and what didn't work.

To the top of the SERPs,
Jason & Carter

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
SERPWoo Updates This Week

A lot has been happening in the background this week. Zora's getting an overhaul to increase the speed, and several improvements have gone live within other aspects of Quantum.

Most importantly Jason's been hard at work showcasing some of the newer features available to WooNation within SERPWoo's Quantum Interface. Some tidbits of this week...

Jason has a case study showing the world how he rankings a website from scratch. He's already published Day 0, and Day 1-31 of the series. If you missed it check them out:

Ranking A New Site From Scratch, Day 0

--

Ranking A New Website From Scratch, Day 1-31

--
Jason's also created a comparison of SERPWoo's Keyword Finder versus 8 known competitors and shows where the others simply fall short:

SERPWoo's Keyword Finder Vs 8 Competitors, Why We Still Win Against All

I believe it's called a "Triple Shame" - ehhh I mean 8x Shame.

--

Recently there has been tons of talk of Google's latest May Core Update, Jason goes into detail on how you can use our Global Stats to understand the nuances of what got impacted (hint: keywords with search volumes under 50k):

Using Our Global Stats To Understand SEO Algo Changes

--

Working off Google's May Core Update I realized there are tons of opportunities available to SEOs looking for clients that can catch domains slipping out of the top positions and help them. I give a rundown on how any SEO can prospect for new high profit clients with a few simple steps:

Finding New SEO Clients After A Google Update

Also our Beta Testing of Zora is still open. Just shoot us a message within the In-App messenger if you are interested.

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Live Dashboard Coming Soon!

Soon you'll be able to give clients a view of their SEO project's progress!

Share a live link to this dashboard is easy!

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Degree
Ranking A New Site From Scratch, Days 31-60

Hey WooNation!

Jason here.

In case you missed it, here are the prior articles in this series of "Ranking A New Site From Scratch"

1. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Day 0
  2. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 1-31

So what's new?
Up to this point = the website was thrown up, hardly any content written, service tested and tweaked, and we tested all our logins/pixels/merchant account settings.

To test if my friends MVP would even be something he should go forward with, we decided to submit it to some Product Hunt style websites and communities. You know, to see if anyone would give him feedback and test everything out.

So I hunted down a list of the most common startup and SaaS directories from many lists found online and narrowed down which URLs came up the most often.

Yeah, I know that's not a perfect strategy.​

But I wanted to find what people were recommending over and over and just hit those for this test really quick and get some feedback.

The site also cracked the first page of Google for one of its main terms for 2 days recently as well.

And while it did drop back down, we are still on an upward trend overall in ranking for this term. Notice the below trendline ( red line ):

As of this writing, it is sitting at an average position of 13.

And what kind of competition are we going against in the SERPs?
They're brands that a lot of people have heard of. Sorry, if I post them here it would pretty much out his site.

Just going off the Moz DA score ( not saying I recommend this, but just as an example ), the SERP looks like this:

• Domain 1 = 69 Moz DA
  • Domain 2 = 94 Moz DA
  • Domain 3 = 90 Moz DA
  • Domain 4 = 74 Moz DA
  • Domain 5 = 90 Moz DA
  • Domain 6 = 58 Moz DA
  • Domain 7 = 92 Moz DA
  • Domain 8 = 86 Moz DA
  • Domain 9 = 90 Moz DA
  • Domain 10 = 94 Moz DA

The DA for my friends site = 10 Moz DA

While I know a Moz DA score does not correlate with first page rankings, I wanted to give you some idea of what the website is up against.

Building Links AKA Submitting The Site
So after narrowing down a list of sites, I came up with several directories that looked legit and were recommended a lot.

I stayed away from Product Hunt though.

I wanted to keep PH for when the product was polished and tested. These similar sites would be our testing ground to kill all the bugs and get things ready for the main event.

Here is a sample list of sites we submitted to:

• BetaList
  • HackerNews
  • BetaPage
  • 10words
  • TechPluto
  • StartupLister
  • IndieHackers
  • etc

And if I had it all over again, I would just stick with HackerNews and BetaList if I were looking for traffic and signups.

Why?

Because just about every site we submitted to sent almost ZERO traffic. Except for HackerNews and BetaList.

And while the name of the game is not traffic ( we wanted signups ), you can't get signups if you have no traffic.

Every submission that let me "pay" to jump the queue and get priority treatment, I paid. I didn't want a free submission to mess this up and leave me wondering "what if".

ZERO might be an overstatement for the sites I didn't list, but I consider those sites that have sent in less than 40 visitors pretty much ZERO. Especially if no signups happened. The majority of these sites send 1-2 visitors tops.

BetaList and HackerNews were also the only sites that sent signups as well.

HackerNews alone sent over 4,000+ visitors. Most coming within the first 2 days of submission. There were multiple HackerNews website referrals you can not see in the image above, but it mostly is from ycombinator, hckrnews, and a few others.

I don't regret submitting to the other websites though. They did help me get some legit backlinks to the website overall because of syndication and reposts from 3rd party sites. I'm counting that at around 54 root domains linking back to me from the submissions looking at Google Analytics and various other tools.

All of the links from these websites went to the homepage with our brand name as the link anchor.

How about content and keywords?
Still a nothingburger.

I added no new content to the site and we still had no focus on our keywords yet. I also did not change any of the content on the site.

We knew the theme or idea we wanted to go after when it came to keywords, but we had not really narrowed down our focus in a way that we could go after certain keywords still.

Sorry to keep you in suspense if you are waiting on that. But I hope this shows you that sometimes you don't need to stress out and mega plan far in advance to rank for terms that matter to you.

What got learned?
My friend was able to find a few small bugs and clean them up. Nothing serious.

We were also able to stress test the site and prep for more traffic.

I did start looking more heavily into keywords at the end of this 30 day period, but again I didn't take action just yet. Think of it more as loose research and trying to list them in order of importance based on metrics from SERPWoo's Keyword Finder and popular mentions from our Brand Monitoring tool.

If you want to know what was going on in my mind during this initial keyword research phase, take a look at these 2 articles I wrote recently and why I was doing things this particular way:

Remember, I was working on this part-time to help my friend. In the first 30 days, I didn't touch the site for 3 weeks.

We started out with essentially no SEO plan at all.

My friend also didn't put up a lot of money for the directory submissions. Total budget for this project ( SEO budget ) for the second 30 days: $400-ish

And while I hate to say it, most of the work for this second 30 days was all in the first 7 days again.

Mostly managing the submissions on my end to each of the directory sites. I didn't touch this project for the next 3 weeks except for a few hours here and there late at night looking over keywords in SERPWoo's Keyword Finder and our Brand Monitoring tool as I put in some of his competitors to see what words people were using to interact with them.

Next step
Stay tuned for days 61-90 where I figure out the main keywords he should go for and how I set them up on the website.

--

To the top of the SERPs,

Jason & Carter

CCarter

Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
New Feature: Client Dashboards

Carter here!

As part of our mission to round out our rank tracking features we've launched Client Dashboards!

Client Dashboards allow you to generate URLs (viewkey's in similar software) which you can send to your client, employer, or marketing team to showcase each project's progress.

No login required, just a simple link to send clients, example: https://www.serpwoo.com/d/p/DEMO-DASH/

White-Label Version:

There is a white-label version available on Silver and up plans which utilizes our clientstats.com domain:

https://www.clientstats.com/d/p/DEMO-DASH/

Anonymous Data:

You also have the option to hide data, making it anonymous if you're into that sort of thing.

Warning:

The keys are editable, so you could in theory create h--ps://www.serpwoo.com/d/q/WhateverYouWant/ (if it's available) - but just note random searchers might be able to guess simple terms - so use your brain.

You can also update the URLs at anytime from the interface. Check it out: Dashboards

We've got a wide selection of newer dashboards types coming out - next up is an ORM version!

Let us know what you think!

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason