SEO Avalanche Technique - Good free or cheap keyword tool

Degree
Asking here because I am new and cannot yet reply to the main thread.
I have read the entire thread once and it got me pretty excited.

I am trying so far unsuccessfully to use the AdWords keyword research tool to obtain the keywords and have created the spreadsheet with formula that will help determine the keywords to go after.

I tend to try and work with free tools in anything I do initially so that I can actually comprehend what it is I am trying to achieve. It also allows me to appreciate the paid tools more when I finally do make a purchase. It also stops my bad habit of buying something really feature rich and then never using it because I never understood the basics first.

My question - Is there a free method that perhaps is better than the adwords keyword research tool that I could use that will make finding these low ratio keywords a little less time consuming? When I say free, I include low cost up to about $20 a month if the benefits are overwhelming?

My site is about 8 months live now and I have about 145 human written articles up and recently I decided to stop creating articles and review the performance of my articles. Who knows if this will help especially with all the volatility recently but many of my articles have 5 or more hours invested in them each and while indexed most have not brought any traffic at all so it makes sense to go back and tweak them a bit for low competition keywords.

Fingers crossed!!

You can get a 1-week trial to Semrush with a new email & card.
Just use a virtual credit card and set the limit to $10, and you have unlimited keyword research.

Thanks for that, yeah the thing with that is quite complex and I was hoping for something that was really good at this one task which is finding those related golden ration keywords.

I might give Semrush a go if I cannot find anything that specializes in this one task.

LowFruits has a credit system and attempts to find these types of keywords. I haven’t used it but it might match your budget. Pay as you go style.

LowFruits has a credit system and attempts to find these types of keywords. I haven’t used it but it might match your budget. Pay as you go style.
Dropping in to say that I tried LowFruits last night and it's a solid budget-friendly Keyword Tool... offers a lot of the features of Ahrefs for a much lower price point. I got a lot of value out of it without giving them a dime.

Specifically, the ability to apply filters to a keyword without using additional credits is awesome.

Ahrefs is sweet but their credit system is so limiting and annoying. Such an expensive tool already and they want you to pay extra to even use it.

Just wrote on another group that LowFruits is probably up there if I had to choose a tool I use with the best RoI.

Whilst it will still use AdWords data you can search on Bard for free. I would prime it first on the technique then ask for low competition keyword phrases in your niche with a search volume of between x and y.

Not perfect but a start.

I ended up getting a month subscription to LowFruits and will now spend some time getting to know how to use it.

Only just started with the lowfruits tool and it is exactly what I was after, something that just does one task really well although I still am working it out. A few of my pages are doing OK. That DA 9 site looking all vulnerable is one of my pages.

Currently only being beaten by a reddit post. I had an idea which may be dumb but now Reddit is being preferred in many cases and the fact is those posts are likely to be completely relevant to the topic. Is it worth adding a reply to the reddit post being that I have pretty good history on the subreddit in question.

Not necessarily talking about pointless spam but giving a reasonably decent reply with a link on my reply mentioning if they want more detailed analysis this is a good article?

I realize the link is a no follow but I suppose I am more interested in obtaining some minor traffic from the current number one post?

KtvQU9t.png

Last edited:
Is it worth adding a reply to the reddit post being that I have pretty good history on the subreddit in question.
A good way to do this is to post a high quality comment without the link and then edit it in a bit later once it flies under the radar. The thread you’re talking about sounds like it’s not that new though so I’d go ahead. It’s not a bad idea but make sure you’re willing to connect that account to your site. I’d do an account audit to see if I’d shared any personal info or whatever first. Otherwise, being a bit aggressive is good.

I have been watching some videos about Lowfruits and have a question and may have more, not sure if it is better just to tack onto this post or make an individual post for each question so let me know for the future.

Anyway I have a spreadsheet that I collated manually using GSC that has every pages stats that are important to me. I can see a significant number of pages that I have invested time and effort in with zero impressions although every single human written page is indexed and has stayed indexed.

My plan is to modify these pages with an extra few paragraphs or replacing some existing paragraphs so that whatever keywords I find using Lowfruits will fit in and not appear as changes just for keywords.

There is an intent button where you can select the type of keywords based on intent. The site I have is a business up front with a blog behind it.

I currently have about 300 pages of content with 145 human created content that are informational pages of between 2500-3000 words on average and the other 150 will be finished over the next 6 months until I only have human written content.

I have adsense but intend to create a 10 hour course on the area I specialize in that will be advertised on each page.

QUESTION
Is it worth on an informational page where the medium term goal is to both provide information and sell a product to have a mixture of keywords that have different intent or is it better to figure out the intent of the page and not mix them up?

I am not sure I understand how intent fits in because I have written an article for informational purposes for the primary reason of increasing traffic to the site and selling the course I suppose is secondary in some ways (from the visitors perspective). Obviously for me it is about making a pile of cash.

Final question - all of the options for bolding inserting images etc is not selectable anymore (it was initially) either on posting or editing, not sure if it something my end or not.

Is it worth on an informational page where the medium term goal is to both provide information and sell a product to have a mixture of keywords that have different intent or is it better to figure out the intent of the page and not mix them up?
To succeed with Google SEO, you will have one intent and one intent only, which will exactly match the intent of the user as they search the query you're optimized for.

In the past, people tried to do the ole switcheroo on Google where they'd optimize for some high volume informational keyword but the article would be a sales article. Google solved this problem a long time ago.

There's nothing wrong with mentioning your course, having it in the sidebar, or anything like that. But the intent of the article needs to serve (like 99% match) exactly the needs of the user when they're typing in a specific query. If you're not doing that, you're not ranking.

Thanks for that.
I have to say this lowfruits tool is allowing me to sort of reverse engineer and figure out things that up till now was a mystery.

The example I gave above where my DA9 site is at second spot amongst other far more established sites was one of my most popular pages and for the last few months I have been trying to figure out what the hell was so special about these 5 or 6 pages that are bringing in 80% of my visits.

When I looked at it the other night it was the first search I did on Lowfruits and just assumed all of my page titles and targeted keywords were going to have at least a few weak areas with low competition.

Queue spending at least an hour searching for a keyword that has weak spots on the first page I am researching and nothing.

It sort of occurred to me the reason why that page is popular is because out of the 300 pages I have, some of them will randomly have keywords with low competition and weak chance for opportunity and it will have happened out of sheer luck. Sort of like a broken clock being right twice a day.

I confirmed this by seeing that the keywords I am most popular for all have weak spots although a few still have high difficulty.

Could be the chicken and the egg in that my site at the moment is always going to be the weak spot but I like to think that the reason the page is doing well is because a weak spot in the top 10 exists.

Back