Sandboxed or Not?

Degree
Hey guys ,

i need your opinion on this.

I got a domain October last year and its been dormant since then. All i did was install wordpress and left it like that.

I have plans to use the domain but i'm worried about one thing. I realized the default wordpress pages have been indexed by google search since November.

I'ld like to know if the domain is still sandboxed and what will likely happen when i start adding content. Slow growth?

So it dosen't count as an aged domain?

Do you advice i continue with the domain or just get a new one?

I'm trying to be cautious here because i'm going to spend alot on this project and don't want something as simple as a domain name to hold me down.

I don't know how Google will react to the "sudden" addition of content to a once dormant site.

I don't see any reason to NOT use the domain. At worst, it's equivalent to using a new domain. At middle-ground, you might have aged past the "sandbox" period or at least be further along in it. At best you'll get some kind of age-based boost. Not every case is the same, sometimes Google doesn't catch things in their calculations, you know.

But there should be no negative impact at all as long as nothing shifty was going on. Google isn't going to be upset that a site is now growing. That's how they make their money, by indexing your content.

It's most likely going to perform better than a fresh domain, I have 1 that's been aging (like yours) since September and now I am gonna use it, we'll see how it goes.

So it dosen't count as an aged domain?

Do you advice i continue with the domain or just get a new one?

I'm trying to be cautious here because i'm going to spend alot on this project and don't want something as simple as a domain name to hold me down.

I don't know how Google will react to the "sudden" addition of content to a once dormant site.

They may see it as aged, they may not. Don't worry about it. It's entirely normal behavior for people to own domains that remain unused for years, only to eventually be spun up and build activity at some point.

As long as you feel the domain is the right one, in terms of whatever marketing purposes you have (branding or whatever), I'd just move forward without worrying about it. Worst case, maybe you're still in the "sandbox" for a few more months. That's plenty of time to be traffic leaking and generating traffic through other means. I would ALWAYS be doing that by default anyways, and not worrying about what Google does and when.

Back